Chapter Thirty-two

Surah Al-Inshirah, Verse 6
"Verily, with every hardship comes ease"

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 54:
"And He it is Who has created man from the water, then He has made for him blood relationship and marriage relationship, and your Lord is powerful."

The Prophet Muhammad SAW was reported to have said that "All mankind essentially is the same/equal like the spokes of a comb: the Arabs are not superior to the 'Ajam (non-Arab people) Any superiority among them is only due to their piety."

                       ~~~
Batuul

I stopped and adjusted my hijab for the once again as the wind blew in my direction and the hijab glued to my body.  I later just resorted to putting my hands in the hijab and pushing them forward. Busty girl problem.

After finally allowing Ya Sameer to come see me, and Khalil grudgingly coming to tell me as always, I had debated on what to wear, I finally settled on wearing a knee length hijab, like come on, it's just Ya Sameer after all, Maryam's Ya Sameer, our Ya Sameer. My mind was still yet to settle in fully to his proposal.

My mind flickered back to when Yaya hesitatingly approached me with the issue to my utmost surprise. Yes, it came as a shock.

He had called me out that faithful evening after coming in to greet Umma, I on my part was already avoiding him that day, and as he requested to have a word with me, wearing a business like look, I was scared that he was going to shout at me, or stop me from coming to his chamber as I bumped into them that morning having some intimate time together. But after much deliberation, what he finally said shocked me.

"Ehm... You must be wondering what is so important for me to call you out here right? Actually, it's kind of important, okay let me say it this way. Ya Allah... This is more difficult than I thought it to be. Batuul I'm so sorry for whatever I made you go through, it wasn't my intention to hurt you I promise"

"Seriously Yaya is this what these is all about, I thought we have gone over that already, and I told you I bear no grudge against you and your wife, why the sudden apology all over again?" I asked cringing my brows, arms akimbo

"That's not it Batuul, just that...."He heaved "Someone approached me with a proposal..." I rolled my eyes at this, it wasn't news anymore, the more I sent them away, the more they came. Why was he making a big deal out of yet another proposal was what I didn't understand.

"Who is it this time?" I asked in a bored tone "A king or a Prince?"

"None of the above dear sister, he is neither a king nor a Prince, he is  not a noble"

"Not a noble? Who has finally had the courage to breach that gap?" I stifled a laugh

"I will understand if you are not okay with it, just don't be upset please"

"I won't be Yaya, just tell me"

He heaved and looked away "It's Sameer"

What!!! Did I just hear him right? I stood there mouth agape, looking at him in utter shock, my knees were weak, I lost my voice. When I finally got over the shock I asked him again just to be sure

"You mean the Ya Sameer we all know?" he nodded in reply. I regarded him for a very long time, before I gave him my reply "Give me some time to think about it, and while I do, please don't tell anyone about it, not even Abba" and that said I turned and left him standing there. I didn't go back to Umma's chamber though, I moved straight to mine, I needed to think.