Chapter Twenty-five

Some feelings were left unexpressed, some words were left unspoken, some words can never be unsaid, some things can never be undone, some memories can never be retrieved, some emptiness can never be filled, some wounds can never be healed, some people can never be replaced. Some realities are hard to believe.
I miss you so much dear sisters. Continue to rest in Jannah Firdaus, till we meet again, never to part, In Shaa Allah.

~Amira Julde

~~~

"Khairi!! " I exclaimed, got down from my horse and immediately went down in sujud, on the water and leaves dirt filled ground. Without a care. I was in sujud for a very long time, thanking Allah for revealing her to me. When I got up, I flashed her a smile while she returned it with a tired and confused look.

"Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!! I found you at last Ummulkhair. Let's go home please, you need to be treated" I said, looking her over. she looked so tired and weak, her clothes were tattered, there was an untreated cut across her left eye, it looked purplish green and swollen. Her soles, they were swollen too, with a bruise, here and there. I felt a pang of pain cross through my heart just by knowing that I'm the reason why she is going through all this.

She didn't make any attempt to move and so I spoke again "Khairi please let's go home, you are not well and it's raining out here" I pleaded

She shook her head "I'm sorry Yerima, I can't go with you"

I was thrown aback by her words "But why?"

"Because... Because I don't belong there anymore" she said looking away, her voice breaking

"Whatever makes you think you don't belong in the Palace Khairi?" I was now kneeling in front of her, so close that she shifted back a little

"I gave Gimbiya Batuul my words Your Highness. I promised her I won't return to the Palace, I can't go back on my words now"

"Why Khairi, why will you do that, why will you take such a drastic decision" I rubbed my eyes with my fingers, a throbbing headache was already settling down behind them, this was getting more complicated than I thought it would.

"She accused me of enchanting you. She said I snatched you away from her. She said so many harsh words to me. Please go away my Prince, I don't want anymore trouble"

"Are you guilty of whatever accusations she laid on you?"

Silence

"Did you snatch me away from her or enchant me?" she shook her head this time.

"Then please let's go home, this place is not safe for a young girl like you. Besides where will you go to from here if I should let you?"

"I have nowhere to go to, I have no kin alive that I know of. No one will feel my absence when I'm gone or missen." her voice broke as a tear trailed down the corner of her eye. I stretched out my hand to wipe it away then stopped midway, it took all the will in me not to bring her closer and wipe her tears, because her tears broke my heart.

"Nobody cares, please go"

"I care, Allah knows I do"