EPILOGUE TEASER!

"Sarauniya please try harder"

"I can't, I can't jakadiya I'm tired" Khairi cried, panting heavily, she squeezed the sheets trying to push. Sultan came into the room at that time, he was fully dressed for war. He knelt beside the bed and held her hand. All the midwives left the room except jakadiya

"Sannu Ummul Khairi, May Allah grant you a safe delivery, May He make things easy for you" she tried to smile out of distress "Ameen" Sultan kept quiet for a moment, he didn't know what to do to ease her pains, she's been in labour for two days with no signs of the baby.

"I don't want to go Khairi, I have a very bad feeling about this war going. You see I don't want history to repeat itself, my father went to war when I was born and never returned." Khairi signalled to jakadiya who probed her up and placed a pillow under her elbow "Please don't say that my Sultan, my hero. You're not a weakling, duty calls. Go out there and defend Pawa Emirate, come back with victory. We will be here waiting for you to be back, your son and I In shaa Allah. Please go, May Allah be with you" those were the most difficult words she's uttered all her life, she didn't want him to go. God knows she didn't, she was scared too, more scared than he even was. Though her own thoughts were that she might die before giving birth to her child or immediately after, she wanted her Sultan to be there with her when she breathed her last.

"Khairi"

"Please go now, don't keep them waiting" she whispered, unable to suppress her tears. Sultan got up, pushing her hair back, he kissed her sweat covered forehead. "I will be back, I promise" His heart broke into thousand tiny pieces.With one last glance at his wife, he left the room, he didn't know walking away could be this difficult.

***

Sultan came out with tears flowing freely from his eyes, he met Sameer at the entrance equally wiping tears. "What's the problem Sameer, why are you crying too?"

"I think I should come with you Your highness. I can't let you go out there alone"

"No Sameer, you should stay back with the women. They will need you"

"Khalil is here" Sultan placed his hand on Sameer's shoulder "Khalil is a child Sameer. Please stay back. Your wife needs you now more than anytime. By the way how is she?"

"She's... Well she's fine, she went into labour too this morning. I'm just coming from there now, she almost bit my ear off and sent me out of the room. She's in so much pain Your highness I wish I could take all her pains away."

"Me too" Sultan said quietly "In shaa Allah they will both deliver safely. Let's pray for them. We have to be strong Sameer. I have to go now, please take care of them. If I don't come back till the seventh day, please name my child on my behalf. I have told you the names right?" Sameer nodded "And... And if I don't return, I'm rest assured my child will grow up with a father, Sameer my child is yours"

"Please don't say that, you will return, we will see our children and our children's children. Our teeth will fall of together" Sultan engulfed Sameer in a big hug and with a sad smile, he waved him bye.

***

After Subhi prayers in the masjid on the seventh day, the two baby boys, Sultan's and Sameer's were brought to Sameer. He collected Sultan's baby first "The Emir's son shall be called Abul Khair, and he" he carried his son "shall be called Abdul Malik"

Heheheeheh, evil laughter. It's been exactly a year today since I completed SULTAN. The Epilogue is ready, will be up soon. I want to know if you want me to update it or not, the number of your response will determine the acceleration of the update. But be careful what you wish for, cos I'm killing a character, a very important one 😈😈issa promise!

25th May, 2018🤖👾👽👻👺👹👿☠️😈