Chapter Five.

Pawa Emirate came into being over a Century ago. Some group of people came from somewhere around the Sahara desert and settled there. They were a group of men, women and children, they rode on horses and camels and came along with herds of cattle and alot of wealth and most of all, they came with the knowledge of the religion Islam.

The travelers were tall and slim with oval faces and pointed noses, some were fair and some were dark in complexion. Both their males and females had long thick black hair, they were the Fulani people.

They met a small community there when they arrived, the people were very hospitable and welcoming, their livelihood was farming, fishing, hunting, weaving, art works, craft and blacksmithing.

It didnt take long for the people to accept Islam because they were fascinated by their life style and how they practiced it, and also it being a religion of peace. They were eager to learn more about the religion and the travellers, now settlers were willing to teach them and they in turn learned how to farm, fish, hunt and so much more from them.

The settlers also thought the people how to fight and defend themselves. They inter married and procreated and with time, the population of the small community increased tremedously.

Slowly but surely, the people trusted the settlers enough to make them their leaders and together they built the city walls and gradually the small community transformed into a great Emirate, ruled by Emirs!

***

Present day Pawa Emirate was a big city with wealthy people, reputable Islamic Scholars, great farmers, hunters, blacksmiths and so on. People from far and near came to buy and sell in their markets, it was an ancient historical city which attracted tourist, and above all, they were good people.

Not long after the Emir's death, Waziri was crowned king by the king makers. The Alkyabba was worn on him and the Rawani (turban) wrapped around his head and jaws to cover most part of his face,  the Staff of Office was presented to him; a walking stick made of wood and precious stones with a lion  head design it. He was no longer Waziri, he was now Lamido Al-Amin Mahdi, the thirteenth King of Pawa Emirate.

To others he might be King but within himself, he knew he was just a trustee holding the throne as trust for the benefit of the beneficiary who was Sultan. He was ready to keep his brothers promise of making his son king when he turns 21.

***

"You sent for me your Highness, congratulations on your attainment of Office"

"Thank you Jakadiya" he replied "How is my nephew?"

"He is in good health, Masha Allah"

"Thats good news, I called you here to inform you that you have been relieved from your duties in the household, your new assignment now is taking care of Sultan. A new apartment have been built for you and the children by the right hand side of this main building. I will assign six maids and six guards to you for all your domestic works. And lastly, feel free to ask me or my wife if you need anything"

"Ok your Highness, thank you very much I am honoured by your kind gestures" she replied gratefully.

"It is my duty, if I could do more than this, I definetely would have. One more thing Jakadiya"

"I am listening your Highness"

"Sultan is a Prince and should be treated as such"

"He will get the best of treatments from me your highness, In Shaa Allah" she promised.

           --------

Next chapter will be Sultan's P.O.V

Thank you for reading, dont forget to vote, share and comment.

Stay awesome.