Chapter Twenty-one

Surprised to see an update yeah? 😂😂well after much begging, persuasion and even coercion, I decided to update 💃💃and of course I was just joking about January, I can't leave you lovelies till then 😘😘

Chapter dedicated to all my readers 💝💝

Enjoy...

                      ~~~

"Sa'ad"

Just at the mention of my name, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach, Abba rarely called me Sa'ad, in fact I can only remember him calling me that twice. The first time, when he told me about my parents and the second, when I was going to Madina. This was the third, and I braced myself for the unexpected.

We were all sitted in Abba's living room, not his living room/palace, personal matters were discussed here. Abba, Umma, Batuul and I. Umma was sitting on the cushion next to Abba's while Batuul sat at the foot of Abba's chair and I sat close to Umma facing her, on the floor also.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, I couldn't, I was scared, of the outcome of Khalil's discovery.

Batuul was looking from face to face, she too was confused as to our reason of being there. Abba noticed my nervousness and motioned me to come sit close to him, he patted the space next to him but I sat at his feet instead.

He cleared his throat, stroke his graying beard, and started talking
"Sa'ad, Khalil told me something yesterday, something I didn't understand and I need more explanation of"

Flashback

"Abba! Abba!"
Khalil called breathlessly as he rode into the Palace on his horse, he met Abba outside, who just saw some guest off and was returning inside. Khalil hastily got down from his horse and flopped down on the bare floor, holding his father's leg

"Abba, please forgive me, I'm not trying to question your authority, but what I'm about to say will be of everybody's benefit"
"What are you talking about Hamma? " Abba asked confused, he called Khalil Hamma (elder brother),  because he was named after his elder brother, Sultan's father.

"it's about Yaya Sultan and Batuul"
"What about them? "
"The wedding Abba" he then hesitated
"Hamma speak up" Abba was getting impatient
"I... I think you should cancel it Abba"
"What! Why?" Abba asked with wide eyes, wide as purple bulbs of onions

"Because Yaya Sultan is in love with someone else"...

We all sat in silence at the revelation of this, my eyes were on the floor while all eyes were on me, I briefly looked at Batuul and saw her questioning eyes like speak up Yaya, is that really true?

"Now tell us my son, how true is what Khalil said? " Abba put his hand on my back and bent down as he spoke

Silence

Silence again

I was confused, dazed, beats of sweat formed on my forehead even though the weather was not hot, in fact it was drizzling outside. What should I say?

To this man whom I have grown to love and call father, who made a poor and helpless orphan like me his son, who loved me more than he loved his own children.

To this woman who called me son, who loved me so much and didn't differentiate between her children and I, who was, my second mother.

To this young lady sitting before me, her innocent eyes staring at me, asking for answers and explanations. Who looked up to me as an elder brother, who was rest assured I will protect her from all harm coming her way. Whom I took also as the the younger sister I never had, whom I vowed to protect and not let a soul cause her tears, why then will I be the reason for her tears? A girl whose first first words on earth was my name!