Chapter Twelve

This chapter is dedicated to Miryamaah and Maryamsadiq90

Eid Mubarak dearest readers

              ***

Batuul

I lay on my bed and turn from side to side before finally getting the best position which is laying on my stomach, today is the first day of the Holy month of Ramadan but unfortunately for me, I couldn't fast, the reason being because I was on my period.

My period is the most dreaded time of the month for me because of the cramps and no amount of precautions I take can stop it, sugary things or not, I still end up with cramps, and the cramps gets worse on the fourth day, being today. It's like thousands of little creatures are biting my intestines or whatever they are. I'm just in so much pain, and to think that this is nothing compared to childbirth, hmm I will just give birth to one child if I get married, a girl.

I wince in pain and shut my eyes tight then bit my lips, arrrgh! and aside from the pains of day 1-4, I loss my appetite too, the aroma of food more especially oil makes me vomit, my only remedy is hot water. Hot water to drink, bath and every other thing because if I dare touch cold water or anything cold, then I'm in for it, talking about how heavy my flow is, is a different story entirely, from day 5-8, my cravings are out of the world, one will think I'm pregnant, I become a glutton as I eat anything I can think of.

Another sharp pain cuts through my stomach and this time I'm at the verge of tears even though the tears won't come. I come down from my bed and kneel down, then place a pillow under my stomach and my head on the bed, perfect position, I won't leave this position for the world.

"Assalamu Alaykum" Khairi interrupts my thoughts as she comes into the room
"Waalaykis salaam" I replied

"Sarauniya requires your presence Gimbiya" she said

"Tell her to come to my room"

"Huh?" she asked as I could see her through my spherical, obviously debating whether or not to convey my message.

"Are you deaf, I said tell her to come to my room, I can't move a limb, I have cramps" I yelled and dismissed her before she starts advising me on what is good or bad. What's wrong with that girl, Umma is my mother not hers and I can tell her to come to my room instead if I so wish.

I stretch my hand and reached for my hot water to drink, I don't like missing fasting at the beginning of Ramadan, cos I have to miss at the end again and that means missing part of the last 10 days and most important of the month. From my calculations, I will miss 5 now and unlucky me will have to miss 6 at the end or 7 if the moon is not sighted on the 29th day and it reaches 30days, that's making a total of 11 or 12 fasting as the case may be to pay back later on, Ya Rahim. It's my types that have frequent periods that our Mahr dowry is not supposed to be much, I laugh at the thought of that and dozed off soon afterwards.

"Batuul, Batuul wake up, why are you on the floor, what happened to your bed?" I heard Umma's voice as she tried to wake me up from my beauty sleep, hmm, if it wasn't Umma waking me, the person would have been in for it.

"Umma I have cramps and this position is the most comfortable so far, why did you wake me now" I pouted putting my head on her laps as she sat next to me
"Khairi told me that, but I have something very important to tell you, your Abba's message actually. So how are you feeling now?"

"Much better, after the nap"
"Oay, have you had something to eat?"

"No, I'm not hungry" I whined

"Just try and eat something, but make sure Khalil doesn't see you" she teased and I laughed. Talking about Khalil, in the previous years, he always get mad at me whenever he sees me eating in Ramadan and either lectures me on the importance of fasting or sometimes he reports me to Abba who always tell him to leave me alone as girls are lazy and scared of fasting so they don't like it and end up skipping days. He always boasts that he should be my elder brother since he fasts from beginning to end while I skip days. Nowadays he just shakes his head and shrug when he sees me eating, it's either he has given up trying to make me understand or he's finally understood.

"Sit up and listen to what I have to tell you"
"I'm listening to you Umma, I can't stand up"
"Okay then let me go and tell your Abba that you refused to listen to his message" she threatened and at the mention of Abba's name I sat up

"Don't goooo" I whined, she regarded me for a while before she spoke "Your father is getting you married next month " she dropped

"What! me, married, to who, why? Umma I'm just 17" I said in one breathe, hitting my chest. This cannot be happening

"Which of your questions do you want me to answer now" she asked

"Umma please answer me, at least tell me who Abba is getting me married to" I said in a panic tone, I have always dreamt of getting married to Prince Charming and living in a castle happily ever after, but I never thought of him to come like this, unprepared. She heaved and said "Sultan"

Did I hear her right "Yaya Sultan, he told Abba that he wants to marry me?"  I wondered, he has never shown any interest in me

"No, he didn't. Your father wants to fulfill his father's last wishes of making him Emir and marrying a good wife for him"

"You mean Abba is stepping down for him?"

"Yes, he was just holding the throne for Sultan pending when he turns 21"

"Why didn't I know of all this before now?"

"Batuul you ask to many questions, I pity Sultan, you will give him alot of headaches when he marries you, you are too stubborn for your own liking" I felt hurt, why will she say that, is she trying to say I'm not good enough for him? Well, whatever.

"I will leave you now, just know that it's an order from your father and that leaves you with no other choice than to obey. One more thing, behave yourself and stop jumping around like a child in front of him from now on wards,  behave like a lady for once." and with that, she stood up and left saying it's almost time for Zuhr Sallah.

She left me there giggling at the thought marrying Yaya Sultan, and then reality struck me, he is going to be crowned King and I will be his Queen, I also don't have to miss my parents when I get married because I will be living with them in this Palace forever, happy me. Perhaps my happily ever after will come true after all.

I stood up and squealed jumping around,  cramps long forgotten and thank God Umma was gone if not she did say I was too happy for a girl to be married out or that I can't even pretend to be shy even if I'm not. I called Khairi and she came running in to the room.

"Go to Maryam's house and tell her I have good news for her" I shooed her away and if not for the excess amount of melanin I have in my body, Khairi would have seen that I was blushing.

I can't wait to tell Maryam this new development. Maryam is my best friend, we grew up together and if Khalil wasn't a boy, she would have been friends with him instead because they were born on the same day,  more of twins from different mothers. She is Sameer's younger sister.

I roll over on my bed day dreaming of how my marriage life with Yaya Sultan will be, I'm sure he loves me, after all I'm his sister and we grew up together. As for me, I have always had a tiny crush on him since childhood, just didn't know that one day it would come to pass.

               ~~~
Hmm, Batuul is excited ooo
How will it be now, well let's wait and see
And plssss don't hate Batuul for being a brat, cos she has my best friend's name 💝💝

See you all in chapter 13, bye for now

Vote comment and share

Stay awesome......