chapter 1

------------------------

Don't know if this is good or not. I'm only testing it out to be honest. 

Song - Strange Love - Halsey

---------------------------

"I have no fucking idea what you're raving about now." Neil said to his brother in a bored tone while glancing through the novel he had newly acquired from some part of the large house. Currently, he was lying on the couch in the downstairs lounge while his brother paced back and forth like a restless horse with a copy of some Steig Larsson book in his hands.

Winston, his brother's main lieutenant, stood passively watching the two of them.

"No idea? Neil you nearly caused a fight back there if I hadn't made in time with my men they would have pulverized you to the fucking ground." Caleb shouted. The glass vase on the coffee table rattled a little. Neil held his book a little tighter.

"What's going on?" An attractive female entered the room. She first looked at Neil questioningly, before finally turning her attention to Caleb to explain to her.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair "Neil got into a fight with one of the workers downtown and busted his knee."

Neil held in the urge to roll his eyes looking at the woman "Look it wasn't my fault. It needed to be done Ama."

Before she could even respond to him, his brother blew up without warning.

"Really? You absolutely needed to go for that guy's knee with a broken pipe?" Caleb asked incredulously. His brother had absolutely no concept of boundaries and consequences and so an issue like this wouldn't strike to him as serious at all. "Do you know exactly what sort of revolt you could have caused? How do you expect our own men to respect us if you manage to get into petty fights with them?!"

Caleb had been urgently called to the warehouse after one of his men informed him that his brother had tied up a man working for them in the warehouse and was severely beating him with a pipe. Luckily, Caleb was close by so he arrived early enough to stop his brother from turning the disadvantaged man to pulp. Neil had a notorious temper and had no concept of when to draw the line when he was absolutely pissed.

"Caleb please just stop." Ama tried to plead with him to calm down. She'd had her fair share of watching the two brothers' fight and she never enjoyed it during any of the instances.

Neil slammed the book shut "It wasn't a petty fight and they needed to learn respect."

"Exactly what did they do to disrespect you Neil?" Caleb asked staring intensely at his brother. Neil opened his mouth ready to say something, before shaking his head and tossing the book away.

"Forget it. Doesn't matter anymore." Then he stood up to leave the room. "Excuse me Winston."

"Certainly." The tall Asian man replied.

"Doesn't matter? It made you nearly break a man's fucking knees. I think that I deserve to know." His brother spouted angrily. But Neil was already out of the room and wasn't going to give Caleb any answers.

"No you don't fucking deserve to know." He muttered to himself as he went of the downstairs lounge to the back of the house where the garden was to cool off. At least Caleb wasn't following him which was a good sign. Normally his older brother would go on nagging him until his ears bled and he was ready to pluck out his own eyes. Caleb was the eldest and most responsible one, Neil could admit, but sometimes his brother didn't know jack shit.