chapter 6

---------------------

Here's Mickey :D. He's just so cute isn't he?

-------------------

"You've only been in Chicago for a few days and you've already abandoned your good boy persona. Uncle Marco will love this." Mickey said amused. Roman couldn't even summon the courage to glare at him since any sudden movement from his neck above made his head feel like it was splitting into two.

"Hmm." He said mumbled saying nothing else for the moment before shuffling around the bed for a pair of his boxers. Surprisingly he found them folded right next to him along with the rest of his clothes. His bed partner from the previous night must have taken uncommon thought to making sure that his apartment was not covered in clothes by the time he woke up. Goodness knows he had been quietly debating on how to get out bed without boxers since Mickey had arrived.

And of course he just happened to have his own key to let himself in.

"So you got lucky huh?" Mickey asked following Roman to go into the large open plan kitchen.

"Depends on how you would define lucky." Roman replied for the first time that morning.

Mickey snorted then sat on one of the kitchen high chairs "Did you have good sex last night?"

Roman contemplated toning it down just to see a reduced grin on his friend's face "It was satisfactory. Nothing more or less." But he knew it was definitely more, especially with the way his partner couldn't stop digging his fingers into Roman's back in pleasure. The scratches were still ever fresh and assuring.

"Well no need to thank me for taking you out." Mickey said dramatically polishing his finger nails on his shoulder.

Roman couldn't resist rolling his eyes even though it hurt "Of course. No thanks for you."

"So how did you do it? Lure the poor girl with that mysterious brooding demeanor of yours? Or was it your deceitful accent, making her wonder if you're really American or Europe because the confusion is nothing but sexy-" Mickey started.

"Actually." Roman interrupted casually reaching in the fridge for some milk to make tea. He didn't like coffee. "It wasn't a girl. It was a boy, well in his early twenties I assumed."

There was silence.

"Ok, but what line did you use?" Mickey continued as though what Roman said didn't bother him. It made Roman smile faintly at the effort he was making especially since he knew that it did indeed bother Mickey.

He'd revealed his confusing sexuality to Mickey in a letter when he was about 17 years old. By then he was in England and doing high school there. He told him what the therapist in Kent had said about his being demisexual when he couldn't get it up for a cute girl in his year who he'd only talked to for about an hour, then about his own prognosis about being pansexual. (His therapist had called it omnisexual, but the internet said otherwise).

Mickey didn't write to him for about a month which was so unusual that Roman had feared that something happened. That everyone was dead or worse while he was stuck thousands of miles away with no way to help them.

It was only after Mickey replied apologizing because he said that he didn't expect a bombshell like that. He'd foolishly thought it meant that Roman wouldn't be open to bar-hopping and picking up girls together the way he always imagined when the other came back. It was after he did some research that he realized that nothing would actually have to change, much.