Chapter 10: Hidden Talent

The next day in the Host Club, it was talent day. Each host member had their own part of the music room to perform their talents. Honey and Mori-senpai were showing off some of their martial arts skills, Kyoya was solving riddles and problems that our guests gave him, the Twins were telling jokes, playing pranks and of course their famous Which one is Hikaru game. I sat and watched next to Haruhi. "(Y/N), correct me if I'm wrong but..you used to sing right?" Haruhi asked. I nodded my head yes in response. "You still do don't you?" she asked with a smile. "U..Uh....um about that..I-" I stuttered nervously. Before I could say anything else, Tamaki swooped down in front of me. "(Y/N)....you can sing?" he asked lifting my chin. "Um...y-yes." I said. I felt my cheeks start to burn red, blushing like crazy.

Tamaki smiled at me and grabbed my hand, lifting me up. He swiftly pulled me to the piano and stood me in front of it before taking a seat behind the piano. "Just sing along, I'm sure you will know this one." he said with a warm smile. With that, he began to play a beautiful melody. When I heard the sound of what he was playing , I recognized it almost immediately. My dad used to play it for me every night when I was little to help me sleep. Before I knew it, I began to sing along.

"Short steps, deep breath, everything is alright. Chin up, I can't, step into the spotlight. She says, I'm sad, somehow without any words. I just, stood there, searching for an answer. When this world is no more, The moon is all we'll see. I'll ask you, to fly away with me. Until the stars all fall down, then empty from the sky. I don't mind, if you're with me, then everything's alright." I sang.

The melody ended as the whole room broke into applause. I blushed a bit as the girls began to go on about the performance. "I had no idea that (Y/N) was such a talented singer!" one said. "I know, now he's cute, kind and talented. So lovely!" another said. I was so surprised about how impressed they were with my voice. Maybe it was just me being modest but, I never thought my singing was very good. "That was amazing (Y/N)-Chan!" Honey-senpai said. "Mhm." Mori agreed. "I knew you had it in you (Y/N)." Tamaki said. "Indeed I wasn't expecting that good of a performance, that actually surprised me." Kyoya vaguely complimented. "O-Oh, thanks you guys." I said with a subtle smile.