Chapter 17: Who will be the Lucky Host?

After a spicy challenge that went into Kyoya's favor, Renge spoke to Tamaki about something; he could barely see anything out of his eyes. Then after a moment she took the group through a door that led to a swimming pool. The pool was inside but it was super big. (Y/N) not quite a commoner but not part of a millionaire family, had never seen a pool as big as that.

Renge explained that they were going to play trivia games to see who would win the round. They sat on a platform that was controlled by a remote control the (Y/N) had. If one of the Host members got it wrong than (Y/N) would press a button and they would go flying into the air and land in the water showing they are out of the game.

Kyoya, ended up being one of the two remaining people. Haruhi was his opponent. (Y/N) tried to remain neutral and root for both but to be honest she wanted Haruhi to win. As Renge read off question one by one, (Y/N) tried to answer them in her own head, but didn't quite manage to get them all correct. It was safe to say that she was impressed by both of their intelligence. But only one of them could win. Luckily for Haruhi she prevailed to the end. Looks like being an Honor student meant something after all in such a prestigious school.

The next one, (Y/N) was very curious and excited to watch. The chopstick challenge. They decided to use candy m&ms, to move from dish to dish.

"Kaoru and Hikaru will do their own bowl right? Even though they are one team, it would be unfair for both of them to work together." Haruhi pointed out.

"Yes, and that's what may put them at a disadvantage at this game since both of them need to finish in order to win the game." Renge informed with a closed eyed smile.

"That seems like a good game." Haruhi agreed.

"Which means we will have a higher chance of winning." Honey cheered.

"Brother it sounds like they are mocking us." Hikaru said to his brother.

"Then we will have to show them we mean business." Kaoru replied.

"Why are all of you so obsessed with winning?" (Y/N) asked. She didn't understand why being in the same room as her, would be considered a prize. Tamaki's house had millions of empty rooms that they could sleep in.

"Why, she asks ..."

"That's because we like you (Y/N)" the twins informed,

(Y/N) felt a blush creep onto her cheek. "Wh-What you mean?"

"We all like you and we want to sleep in the same room together because it'll be fun. I have never slept with you or Haru-chan" Honey explained.

"In other words we are using it as a bonding tool to get to know you better (Y/N). You want to get to know your friends and club mates, right?" Kyoya asked sliding his glasses up.

(Y/N) didn't answer the rhetorical question.

"Alright everyone, there is only 2 more games left after this. Do your best to win, or else you end up the looser." Renge commented saving (Y/N). Renge's smile morphed into a devious grin, "There's a punishment for whoever looses."

"What? I don't remember ever agreeing to that." Tamaki objected.

"That's to be expected otherwise some might not try as hard as they can." Hikaru thought aloud.

The twins and Tamaki were the only ones in danger of loosing with a total of zero points where as everyone else had one point.

"Good luck boss." Kaoru challenged positioning his chopsticks in his hands.

"I have no intention of letting my precious Haruhi share a room with you. I will not loose!" Tamaki said back getting into a stance as well.

"Everyone get your chopsticks ready!" Renge commanded sitting down in her chair next to (Y/N). When everyone looked ready to go Renge gave the signal and quickly everyone began using their chopsticks to transfer m&m's to another bowl.

"Restart.." Renge said to Honey who was scooping the m&ms into his bowl. She dumped all the m&ms he had so far back with all the m&ms. (Y/N) could see the protest in his eyes.

Renge and (Y/N) made sure to look out for the rest of the members doing it. Especially the twins who would be prone to cheating. (Y/N) felt that Tamaki had the advantage in winning because he was half blooded Japanese and therefore was used to using chopsticks while the rest of the Host members usually used utensils like forks and spoons. A habit of scooping.

(Y/N) watched as Tamaki took the lead of having more m&ms and the twins not far behind him. While the twins were working separately they had about the same m&ms in their bowls. But the rest of the Host members weren't letting up and continued to chase the rest down.

A quiet curse escaped from Kyoya. Even the Shadow King had a difficulty picking up the tiny candies. Not like it came easy though. They were using metal chopsticks on smooth candy which was a recipe for slip ups.

She watched Mori who had won the last transferring game and saw he wasn't doing to bad but his big hands seemed to be difficult to control the m&ms. It was fun to see a big guy like Mori work so hard for something like this. (Y/N) felt it was a little out of his character and found it amusing.

(Y/N) turned from Mori at the last minute to Honey to watch him pop a m&m into his mouth. Honey saw that she caught him and gave her a sheepish smile that said 'how could I not?'.

She gave a smile and wink that let him go this once. She found his love for candy quite adorable the way he was like a little brother made her want to be his older sister and look out for him.

Haruhi was concentrating so hard that her brow crinkled her forehead. (Y/N) watched as Haruhi picked up a m&m and tried to bring it to the bowl but watched it fall to the table. Then she tried to pick it up again but it kept slipping away. It was an amusing sight.

"Okay 5 more." Tamaki muttered to himself. But everyone heard him and picked up their pace. He tried to grab one of the last five but kept missing. He rubbed his eyes and (Y/N) saw how red they were, It looks like the ghost peppers were still affecting Tamaki's vision.

The twins next to him got another m&m into their bowl and had as many left as Tamaki. It was a close race and Kaoru began beating his brother and Tamaki finishing first. He dropped his chopsticks and glanced at his brother who had about 3 left. Tamaki was playing the shell game with the m&m practically pinching the m&m out of his chopsticks. It was only a matter of time before he finally caught one but unfortunately it was by scooping. Even more unlucky for him Renge caught him.

"Restart." Renge said merciless and grabbed his bowl ready to pour it into his starting bowl knowing full well that he wouldn't win.

"Done!" Kaoru and Hikaru said at the same time and winning the game.

"I was so close!!" Tamaki said in utter defeat. He began growing mushrooms in his little depression corner.

Haruhi looked at Tamaki with sad eyes for him. (Y/N) pulled out a bottle of eye drops and gave it to Haruhi. Haruhi gave a confused look and gazed at Tamaki. Haruhi got the message.

When Haruhi tapped on his shoulder bringing him out of his depressed state and gave him a closed eyed smile with the eye drop  outstretched. While the twins celebrated their victory, (Y/N) watched the secret bond, that the two were oblivious to. She may have accidentally become a part of the homosexual supporting cast.