Chapter 11: Partners

Today was the day our teacher was going to be assigning us our partners. No one knew who we were going to get, just that it could be any student in the school, older or younger. I was eager to see who I got, and each step to school was more like a happy skip. I saw Haruhi entering through the front gate and waved to her. "Good Morning Haruhi" I greeted. "Good Morning (Y/N), are you ready to find out who your partner is?" She asked with a smile. I nodded and we continued on to class talking about who we hope we didn't get and who we were okay with getting. Haruhi and I had said goodbye to each other when we got to our homerooms. I opened the door and went to my desk and took a seat. Kyoya and Tamaki were already there and waved to me. I waved back with a smile. The teacher walked into the room and asked all the students to sit in their respected seats. He took out a clipboard and said began announcing partners. So far all my classmates got paired up with kids from other classes I began to suspect mine would be in another class. "(Y/N) and Hikaru Hitachiin ".

|Haruhi's POV|

I said goodbye to (Y/N) and walked into the classroom. Hikaru and Kaoru were talking to each other but paused when they saw me. We sat next to each other in homeroom which could get annoying sometimes. "Good Morning Haruhi" They said at the exact same time. "Good morning" I said to them and sat down at the desk. "Hey Haruhi who do you want to be partnered with?" Kaoru asked. Before I could answer the teacher walked in and said that she was now going to be announcing partners and if we didn't hear she wasn't going to repeat it. The classroom filled with silence and all that could be heard was names of partners. "(Y/N) and Hikaru Hitachiin" she announced. I looked over at Hikaru and saw he was shocked for a second but then it was replaced with a devilish smile. Kaoru next to him had a jealous look in his eye. I sighed 'Good Luck (Y/N).' "Okay class a new letter will be due at the end of each week, please turn them in before the end of class of homeroom" the teacher announced. This was going to be an interesting series of events.