SCMAnex Who am I? Ch. 2

Stevens’ point of view

My eyes flutter open, I'm surrounded by warmth. I'm in a what looks to be a log cabin, the crackling of the fireplace the only noise. I sit up, feeling loose clothing dangling around my shoulders. I'm wearing a loose black shirt, with greyish sweat pants, also oversize. I feel a pair of eyes, watching me.

"Morning," He says, still cautious of me. I nod my head  look at my hands, completely clean. 

"While you passed out I cleaned you up, couldn't find clothes that properly fit you though," He explains.

"Thank you," I mutter, my hearing seems to be under control now... same with my vision. Strange. 

"Can you explain to me why you were out in the woods at night, naked, with blood on you?" He asks. I look up at him, he doesn't look anergy, more like concerned. He has short black hair, and a slim but built figure, maybe a couple inches taller then me. 

"No," I respond. He sighs.

"Who are you?" He asks, "Do you have a family?"

"I don't know," I mumble, tears threatening my eyes. He sees this and tilts my head to meet his gaze, Looking genuinely concerned. Why is he concerned? I'm a stranger, a murder most likely.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" He pleads, his deep brown eyes laced with worry. 

"I... can't find the words," I state honestly. This speaking thing is hard. He gives me a reassuring smile.

"Give it your best shot," He grins, I sigh and nod. 

"I-I woke up, in a dark room. I couldn't remember everything, I mean anything, and I couldn't see. Someone loud talked, from the ceiling, he talked like I was a..." I trail off, thinking of the words, "Test subject."

"The the lights turned on, and," I shudder at the memory of it, "There was an old lady, eyes tore out, and, and organs on the floor," Tears start flowing down my face again. "He said she was my grandmother. When I looked around, there were more, corpses everywhere, and, blood on my hands," I look down at my hands, remembering the wet crimson. I look over at him, he was in shock, disbelief. Well, that's what I was in too. "They made me pass out, with chemicals. And then I was outside, and my sense of everything was ... amplified. I could hear, everything. See things very far in distance, Everything was so loud, it hurt my head. And then, you," I look back at him for comfort, he was still in shock, looking at me like a monster.

"Am, am I a murderer?" I ask, shaking slightly. He calms down and surprises me by taking me in an embrace. I wait for the knife to the back to come, hoping it'll be over quick, but... it doesn't come. I hesitantly hug back, I'm able to stop shaking. Why is he being so kind? 

Kevins' point of view

I look at him while he talks, not believing what I'm hearing. He looks so innocent.. but he.. could he? He looks up at me, shaking and tears streaking down his cheeks.

"Am, am I a murderer?" He asks. I'm slightly startled by this. He doesn't remember doing it. So the person I'm seeing now didn't do it? I embrace him, trying to calm him down. What he must think of himself right now... He stops shaking in my arms, and I feel his tears stop wetting my shirt. He looks up at me, still looking hurt but confused.

"Why are you being so kind to me? I could have, no, I did-"

"Don't think that, the person you are right now, would you ever kill someone?" I ask, grabbing ahold of his shoulders.

"No..." He mumbles. 

"Well, then I don't believe you killed them," I state, rubbing his back.

"But their blood-"