SCMAnex Who am I? Ch. 6

Aleks' point of view

We were left with only one guy guarding, so he stays outside. We're left unsupervised. I hastily un tire everyone else and count the injured. Not that many are hurt, A few girls have minor bruises, one with a broken arm, and then there's Eddie. 

"What's your plan?" Jake asks, I take out the piston Kevin gave me.

"Have you used that before?" He asks. I shake my head. 

"Just point and shoot," He says, patting my back. "I'll come up and help you up there." I nod and look back at everyone. Scared shitless. 

"Stay back until me and Jake come back and tell you it's safe," I state, everyone nods. My and Jake slowly poke our heads from the hole. He's looking the other way, off guard. I point the gun at him, but my hand is shaky, I can't get a good sight on him... Damn it Aleks, think of it like call of duty. Just point and shoot. A cold sweat trickles down my back, take the shot, take the damn shot... I take a deep breath, you can do this. Wait, oh shit, he noticed me! Fuck, fuck, fu- Bang.

Stevens' point of view

Kevin stopped talking, and I hear shuffling in the room. There's a sharp pain in my arm and cold chemicals burn through out my arm. I fight the urge to plop over and pass out, but it wins.

I drift into consciousness, but it's dark. This... this is familiar. Where do I know this from? Has this happened before? What do I know.... What do I remember? Uhm... wait, this has happened before! But, when? What happened after that? There was, trees? I vaguely remember trees. And, then pancakes? Do I like pancakes? There was something else... Something important. I remember shopping, with other people... Who were they? Something with a V in it? Evan? Do I know an Evan? No... Veronica? That's not it either. K-Kara? No, it's Kev- Kev... Kevin! I went shopping with Kevin! And E-Eddie? Yeah, and Aleks! where are they? Where am I? Kevins' words echo through my mind.

"I told you I'd never leave you, an I meant it, but now..." 

H-He left me? Why? He promised! Why am I alone! I don't want to be alone, where is Kevin? I'm scared. My hands search in the darkness until I find a wall. The lights flick on, and I'm almost blinded by the whiteness of the room.

"Good morning Steven," A peppy voice says. There's something concerning about it, that makes me afraid, but I can't pinpoint it. 

"Who are you?" I ask, looking around. 

"I'm not important," It laughs.

"What did you do to Kevin?" I ask.

"Kevin? Why he tried to kill you!" He gasps.

"K-Kevin? no, he... he didn't," I say. I refuse to accept it. Kevin, he wouldn't do that. Would he? 

"Yes he did, we stopped him before he could, but he certainly tried,"

"You're lying!" I scream, Kevin wouldn't do that. There's no way.

"What reason would I have to lie to you?" He quanders. But.... Kevin... "He still wants to kill you."

"He does?" I ask, why would Kevin... want to kill me? He has to be lying... right? 

"Yes, and he won't stop, you have to kill him yourself," The voice echoed, slowly a wall opened up. Inside was Kevin, tied to a chair. His face is drained from its color, there's a knife sticking out from his arm. He isn't movie and blood surrounds him, piling at the floor.

"K-Kevin," I whisper, my voice hoarse. 

"Do you see that knife?" The voice asks, I nod, it's in there pretty deep. "That was meant for you, but we stopped him." I shake my head, this can't be true, Kevin, he wouldn't do that. Right?

"It's true, and now it's time to finish him, so he can't hurt you," The voice booms, the room spins around me, blurring slightly. Kevin, he... tried to kill me....?

Aleks' point of view

My knees give out so I slump to the ground, my ears ringing. Jake lowers the pistol, taking a deep breath. He cautiously walks over to the corpse, checking for a pulse. My ears stop ringing, and I'm able to stand up.

"Th-thanks," I mutter, looking at the corpse. His life was taken so easily, what if he had a family? No, he was going to kill us. 

"We need to get everyone home," Jake states, walking towards the hole, I follow. Jakes' girlfriend runs to him, crying.

"Oh god, I heard a gunshot and though you died!" She sobs. Jake just rubs her back. 

"I-is he..." Another girl asks, her mouth gaping open. I nod, trying to hide my shaking hands.I had a clear shot, but... but... I couldn't do it. I wasn't strong enough. I looked him in the eyes, he would have killed me, and I would have allowed it. I'm so fucking weak... 

"Alright guys, he crushed the cell phones so three of us need to go and get help, Triston, Seth and I will go," Jake states, everyone nods. Great, I can't even be trusted to get help. How is Jake so calm? He's a leader. I'm not, I'm just a coward.

As Jake leaves I kneel over Eddie, he's still breathing, thank god. Everyone pounds me with questions, like 'Who took the shot?' and 'How much blood was there?'. I avoided all of them, I wish I could forget that. His limp corpse falling to the ground with a thud, the blood that pooled around him. I shake my head, just concentrate on Eddie. 

His head is bleeding a bit, but it looks just like he got knocked out. He would be dead right now, if it wasn't for Jake. All because I'm a scaredy cat. Because I couldn't take the shot. 

Not long after we hear sirens. Police barge in and take the wounded before questioning us. They refer to me and Jake as heros. I don't fucking feel like one. I didn't do shit. I couldn't... 

-Authors Note-

Ugg, work today was terrible! Got home and immedietly took a nap >.<. Hence why this chapter is being published a little later then normal, but eh, still today so it's all fine! KK, hope you enjoyed reading and leave a comment below! BYE! <3