SCMAnex Who am I? Ch. 11

Stevein's point of view

"Steven...." Kevin's voice breaks my peace, the dream world slipping out like warm hunny out of a freshly opened jar. I pry open my eyes, everyone on the plane is hustling to get their luggage, including Aleks and Eddie.

We get out bags and follow the crowd, "going with th flow" as Kevin said it. Around us are people speaking in strange accents, almost impassable to decipher. Everyone else, Aleks, Eddie and Kevin, seem to be also having trouble with it. 

A tall brunette woman stops us, standing too close for comfort.

"Are yuu' part of thee McFarlane party?" She inquires. Kevin looks confused, then angry but he settles for a sigh and nods. 

"Old fart sent a cab," He mutters, saying a few other words I don't know. We enter the cab, it has different colors on it then the ones from America do, I'll ask Kevin later. While Kevin fiddles with the ends of his shirt in anxiety, I gaze out the window. The buildings all look older, more authentic somehow. Regal. 

The cab comes to a hault outside a small cabin, somewhere in a woodsy area. 

We exit the vehicle and Kevin looks more scared then I've seen him, don't know why really. I try and think of what he does to calm me down... I grab his hand, hoping to give him some sense of comfort. My efforts pay off, and he gives me a reassuring smile. With one foot in front of the other (that's how you walk), We enter the cabin.

Kevin's Point of view

Much to my relief, the old man isn't in there waiting. In place of where I expected him to be, is an envelope with his name on it. I don't want to read his excuses. With quickened hast I toss it in the trash can.

The room looks like I expected it, damp, dusty, exactly how you'd expect a place off the grid, old. The dwindling light reminds me of Steven, better get him to bed. 

I fake a yawn, "I'm tired, c'mon Steven lets go to bed," I say, hoping he'll get the hint. He nods and Eddie giggles, getting the completely wrong idea, again. He has a tendency to do that. I just roll my eyes and shut the door. Steven is out cold on the bed before I even turn around. Guess all the excitement got to him. 

He's sprawled out, limbs covering allmost the entire bed. Guess I'm sleeping on the chair, then again, I dought I'd be getting much sleep anyway. The wind wooshing outside makes the coniferous trees seem like monsters brought forth from the depths of despair. I'm reminded of those lonely nights at a foster home, frightened and hiding under my scratchy blanket for some kind of comfort. I became accustomed to being alone. To waking in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, my heart pounding and chest aching. 

Or maybe the time I ran away. Frustrated with moving constantly, I thought I could find a better place. That my mom who died, or my dad who abandoned me, wern't my real parents. That my real family was just beyond the horizon, the family who loves me, where we go out every Sunday to eat a fancy dinner, and buy me a toy when I'm feeling sad and give me hugs. What I found wasn't that. 

I was lost inside the woods for a few days, wandering aimlessly. The further into the woods I traveled, the more the trees blended together. It felt like the same trees were following me, watching me with insidious intent. I could feel their breath, cold against my neck, before everything went black.

I jump up, startled. Around me is a peacefully normal setting, Steven still asleep on the bed. It's silent, guess everyone is still asleep, the sun is barely over the horizon. I glance down at Steven, in the same sleeping position as last night, he hasn't moved an inch. He looks so normal, so.... like everyone else. Well no duh, that's what normal means. Like everyone, when something is so perfect, I have an urge to mess with it.

"Earthquake!" I yell, bouncing on the bed. He jumps up, a startled look on his face. He sees it's just me, and I see the hint of a smile. Somehow something so little can brighten my day. Or morning. Whatever you want to call it. 

-Authors Note-

Yay! I'm getting a chapter out! You must be so proud ;.; Anyway, I can't stress enough how much you should check out http://www.wattpad.com/user/noodleshun She's an amazing poet and a really awesome person! She is the infamous friend I speak so highly of in allot of my authors notes, so you should check her out! Plus I have a deal with her, I'll update on the days she updates, so make her write!!!!!! Thanks you for reading, leave a comment or vote if you enjoyed! K bai!!! <3