SCMAnex Who am I? Ch. 8

Kevins' point of view

I run, one hand holding Stevens the other limping by my side. I vaguely know it hurts, adrenaline masking most of the pain. Steven is running a few paces in front of me, pulling me with him. Our shallow breathing echos in the seemingly never ending hallways. With every breath my lungs collapse and burn down to the pit of my stomach but I keep going. We finally find another door, and immediately open it.

Like a brick the stench of rotting flesh violates our nostrils. It's masked with a dry cinnamon scent, blending together to make a repulsive concoction. I immediately slam the door, before anything from within could escape. 

By now my arm was beginning to hurt. Like a soreness after you've overexerted yourself, only waves of excruciating burning every few seconds. But I can't stop, not yet, not when we're in arm length of escape. We find another door, but hesitate to open this one. After the last one.... fuck it, there's got to be a way out. 

I push the door open, outside. Cool, crisp air greets us, giving us a brief moment of relief before reminding us we still need to escape. With little effort we race into the woods, scaling over any random object put in our path. 

-Lotsa running later-

My shaky fist pounds against the door, my legs feel like soft noodles, ready to give out at any moment. I'm mostly leaning on Steven by now, my is spinning and everything sort of fades together like a background noise. I can only assume blood loss. 

Finally the door swings open, revealing a shocked Eddie. He lets us in thankfully without any questions. Aleks is curled up on the couch, so we sit around his kitchen table. Without exchanging a word Eddie gets out his med kit and gestures for me to take my shirt off to treat my arm. I do as he says, not having the energy to object. 

He cringes as he looks at, making me hesitant to look down. But curiosity gets the better of me, and I do against my better judgment. The skin surrounding it is purple and swelling, the wound itself is small, but even I can tell it's deep. My vision swirls, and I feel my body go limp before my vision goes entirely black. 

~~~~~~

I wake to warm blankets and a pair of arms around me. I smile even before I open my eyes, knowing whom they belong to. Sleeping peacefully beside me is Steven. I take a deep breath before looking down at my arm. It has a few stitches keeping the gap closed shut, or at least, as best Eddie could do. The swelling and color had returned to normal. I sigh, but it's short-lasted as Eddie barges through the door. 

-Authors Note-

Kinda a short chapter today, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Just a randome update/ fact of me; I had never played guitar hero before going to the Valley Fair Park yesterday, needless to say, I'm addicted! It's like rocksmith but doesn't hurt your fingers!!! XD. Erm, oh yeah, anyway! Thankyou for reading and leave a comment below. BYE! <3