Chapter 2.

*Harry's POV*

Wow. Just wow. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Had I really just run into my best friend for the first time in over a year, in the middle of a grocery store of all places? And had she really just run away from me?

"Mate, are you okay?" Niall asked. He was sitting next to me in the car with a bag of groceries on his lap as we drove back to my mum's house.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. But I couldn't stop thinking about how terrified Faith looked when she saw me.

"Maybe you should talk to her? Go to her house or something?" Niall suggested. He knew all about Faith, and so did the rest of the boys.

"She doesn't want to talk to me," I said quietly.

"Well I don't blame her. You did basically ditch her as a friend."

"I didn't ditch her," I said defensively. "It's not my fault that I lost her contact information after I had to change mine." That was true. I was extremely upset and disappointed the minute I found out I couldn't call or email her anymore.

"Maybe you should go to her and talk to her then. Explain to her why you never talked to her." Niall said.

I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll do it. Just let me drop you off at home first." Niall's only response was a smirk.

So I drove in the direction of my mum's house to drop Niall off. Then it would be time to go to Faith and try to save our friendship.

***

I took a deep breath before knocking on Faith's door. After about a minute, a middle aged woman answered.

"Harry?" Faith's mum asked. "What are you doing here? How long have you been in Holmes Chapel?"

"I've only been here for about a day. And I'm here because I need to talk to Faith." She nodded before stepping aside, letting me inside the house.

"Faith, someone's here to see you," her mum called. A minute later, Faith was walking down the stairs towards where I was standing next to the door. Her mum walked away so we could have privacy.

"What do you want, Harry?" Faith asked, sounding annoyed.

"We need to talk."

"What is there to talk about? You've made it pretty clear already that you don't want anything to do with me." She ran a hand through her hair.

"Just let me explain, Faith. Can we sit?" I asked. She led us into the living room, and we both took a seat on the soft couch.

"You promised you wouldn't forget about me, Harry," she said quietly, not looking at me. 

"I never forgot about you, Faith. I was always thinking about you."

"Then why did you never call? Or write? Or even try to contact me?" She sounded so hurt. 

"I couldn't. I had lost all of your information when I had to change my phone number and email because of the fans." She didn't reply, she just stared down at the floor. "So, what do you say? Friends again?" 

"I don't think we should be friends again." Her answer caught me a little off guard.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I don't want to talk about it. I just don't think we should." 

"Just give me another chance, Faith. Come hang out with me tomorrow, and meet the boys. And let me show you that I haven't changed. Besides, I'm pretty sure my mum would love to see you again."

She took a deep breath before looking up at me. "Okay."

"Great." I had a stupid grin on my face now. I gave Faith a big hug, then asked Faith for her phone.

"Why do you need it?" She asked. 

"I just thought maybe I should give you my number," I said shrugging. She pulled out her phone and handed it to me, and I added in my number. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow then," I said, standing from the couch.

"Yeah, sure," she replied, also standing.

I gave her one last hug, and a quick kiss on the cheek, then left her house. I needed to go back to my mum's and make sure that everyone and everything would be perfect for tomorrow.