{ 1 }

{ Yang }

"Shut the cameras off! Now!" Mercury was on the mat, clutching his leg. I stood there frozen, not knowing how to comprehend what just happened. What happened to me? I'm usually good about control myself!

"Yang, get out of the ring now," my coach ordered. I thought I wasn't going to be able to move but I did, climbing under the ropes and then landing on the floor. I kept my head down. I'm done for now. "What the Grimm happened up there?!"

"I-I don't know. I thought he was going to attack me after the match was called! I saw him coming for me, coach! So I reacted on instinct," I said through my tears. I handed him my gloves and just walked out of there, heading right for security. It's better to turn myself in rather than run from the authorities.

"YANG!" Ruby was calling my name as she ran for me. "Yang, are you alright? What happened out there?" I didn't want to talk to her, well anyone really. Everything I worked for just went down the drain. "Yang, stop!"

"Ruby, just leave me alone and let the authorities take care of me," I said solemnly. Then my boyfriend stood in front of me so I would stop walking. I reluctantly looked up to meet his cold gray eyes. They didn't hold the same warmth or love anymore. I already knew where this was going to go. "Stone, move out of my way."

"No. Your sister is trying to talk to you and you're just brushing her off," he hissed. Stone and I kept eye contact for several minutes.

"Stone, let me explain," I started saying.

"No Yang. I don't want to hear it. You just broke that guy's leg for no reason! Why should I believe you like anyone else?" That really hurt, like actually hurt. I looked away from him and just started walking towards security again. "You're nothing now to people!" Tears were falling from my eyes as he said those harsh words. Did he even love me to begin with?

I stared at the photograph of that young man and I, the two of us smiling and happy. Stone Sterling, a boy that no longer loves. I sighed and put it away with the rest of the things I already had in a box from five years ago. Yes, it's been five agonizingly long years since that dreadful day. I'm hated by everyone, just like Stone shouted at me. Someone on knocked on the door. "It's open," I said. The door opened and closed as I was storing the box in a closet.

"Hey sis," Ruby greeted.

"Hey," I said solemnly. My sister looked at me with gloomy eyes. "What?"

"You were looking through that box again weren't you," she asked. I nodded solemnly as I walked into the bedroom and burying my face into my pillow. "Yang, you need to let go of the past. You look tired more by the day. Why don't you come over to my place and we can have dinner and I'll invite Weiss." I groaned at her. I didn't want to do anything. I've hardly shown my face out in public because I only get glares, people talking about me, having insults shouted at me, and people just walking farther away from me as they passed by me. The outside world hated me and I hated the world. A perfect relationship in my opinion.

"Ruby, just go home and leave me alone," I mumbled. My sister sighed and just left, knowing that there wasn't a point on trying to convince me to change my mind. My bedroom door was closed behind her. That's when I decided to do something that would break the hearts of my family and what I have of friends. Tonight I'm going to end it all.

***

I rode Bumblebee out to the more mountainous area near my home. Tears no longer filled my eyes. I was numb to everything. This was the only way that I could spare everyone the burden of knowing me. The sun was starting to set by the time I came to a spot that I found suitable. I turned the engine off and placed my helmet on the seat once I got off of it. My feet carried me to the ledge, only to have me sit on the edge of the cliff face. I stared out to the horizon, absorbing what beauty I could find in this world. A sigh escaped me again. Tears were actually starting to fill my eyes as I began to think of Ruby and dad. The last words I said to my sister were hurtful. There wasn't a way to fix that now. I didn't leave a note, didn't send out a message to those who still loved me, just nothing. I wasn't going to tell them what I was about to do. There wasn't a point to it. Finally I got the courage to stand up and just let the wind gently blow through my hair. It's now or never. With, what I thought would be my last, a deep breath, I closed my eyes and was about to walk off the edge. That didn't happen though. Someone tackled me to the ground away from the edge and pinned me down. I opened my eyes to see who it was and it was a girl that I've never seen before. "Let me go," I shouted. She just held me down tighter, actually starting to hurt me. "I said let me go." My eyes were switching from lilac to crimson as my anger was starting to increase.