{ 17 }

{ Ruby }

My scroll started going off as I was watching TV. I looked at the screen to see that it was Yang calling me. "Hey Yan- Blake? What's wrong?"

"It's Y-Yang... She's...hurt."

"What? Where are you?"

"The hospital near her place... She's in...surgery now..."

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Yang will pull through. She's strong and she wouldn't leave you."

"I hope she does... See you soon."

I rushed out the door and ran to the hospital since it wasn't far from my place either. I just hope that she makes it.

***

Blake and I waited in the waiting room while Yang was still in surgery. Blake was so quiet and was crying. I took her hand in mine as I tried to comfort her. I wasn't fond of her at first, but when I saw her with Yang, it was like my sister was back. She brought Yang back and actually could help her unlike the rest of us. Then a doctor approached us. "Are you the one who brought Miss Xiao Long in," he asked Blake. She nodded as she wiped her eyes. "She's going to pull through. Although, we had to put her into a induced coma. The damage was worse than everyone originally thought. I don't know how long she'll be here for but don't give up hope." Both of our hearts sunk and weighed heavy in our chests.

"Can we see her," I asked.

"Yes. A nurse will bring you to her room. I know that she still is a fighter. I never gave up hope on her after all of these years," the doctor said. Someone else believed her? Then he walked off as a nurse came and brought us to my sister's room. When we got there, we lost all feeling as we saw her hooked up to machines to keep her stable and IVs providing her medicine that her body would need to heal. I thanked the nurse and then she left us alone with my sister. Blake practically broke down in tears as she continued to look upon her.

"Why does she have to suffer so much? She doesn't deserve all of this, Ruby. All of this was because of her stupid sister," Blake whimpered as she approached the bed. I was confused. I was Yang's only sister I thought.

"What do you mean? It was just the two of us." She shook her head. "Then who is she?"

"Ever hear of Cinder Fall," she asked.

"Yeah. Wait, she's my other sister?!" Blake nodded solemnly as she moved a few strands of Yang's golden hair from her face. So I have a criminal sister now. Anything new to throw out there? "Hey Blake?"

"Yeah," she said as she turned to face me.

"Do you want to stay with Myka and I for now until Yang gets better? We can help you find a place that's a bit better than where you and Yang are living now," I offered.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude or anything," she said shyly as her bow flattened slightly.

"Yeah I'm sure. You're going to need the support as we all go through this together." Blake softly smiled and nodded. "We can go back to Yang's so you get some things if you need to." Blake agreed to that and then kissed my sister's forehead gently. I've never seen anyone be so gentle with her. Although, Blake knows what Yang went through and understands. We left and went to go get some things for Blake to take with her to my place.

"Ruby, are we going to say anything about her," the girl asked me.

"Only family. So just my dad and my uncle. I know that you don't want to worry the others about this. Well, I'll have to tell Myka but make her promise not to say anything to the others," I replied. That seem to take some stress off of her shoulders. As we were walking, my scroll went off again.

'Hey Ruby, have seen or heard from Lavender recently? ~ Neptune'

'No. Why do you ask?'

'I haven't seen her for the past two days and she's not answering her scroll whenever I call or message her.'

'She's probably busy and forgets to get in touch with you afterwards.'

'I wish. I've gone by her place a few times to check on her, but she's never home.'

'That's unlike her. Do you want me to see if she answers a message from me?'

'That would be nice. Thanks. Just let me know if she responds.'

'No problem Neptune.'

I can't believe I just lied to Neptune. I did know where she's been. She's been with Weiss a lot recently.

'Hey Lavender, Neptune was wondering if you were okay. He just messaged me saying that he hasn't seen or heard from you in a few days.'

'I'm fine. I'm actually going to see him now.'

'Are you calling it off with him?'

'Yeah. I can't deal with him constantly flirting while I'm with him. It just makes me feel...like I don't really mean much. Do you get what I'm saying?'

'Yeah I do. I wish you the best of luck.'

'Thanks.'

***

{ Blake }

Ruby's apartment was nice I admit but I still enjoyed Yang's. It was a three bedroom apartment and Ruby had kept it that way since Myka is a permanent resident here. Myka seems okay. I mean, it's nice to meet another Faunus after it being a bit since I last met someone new who was, but she just seemed a little too...hyper? Would that be the word? Well flamboyant would work as well. What was nice is that Ruby had a few books. She didn't mind if I read any of them. "So Blake, what's your story," Myka asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"I had a difficult life as I grew up. I don't really want to talk about it," I said. Myka didn't push it. She could tell that I really didn't want to talk about it. I'd like to keep what I went through from as many people as I could.

"Hey Blake, are you hungry at all," Ruby asked as she walked out of the kitchen. I looked up to look at Ruby.

"No, I'm good. Thank you though," I replied. As I tried to read again, my thoughts all went back to Yang. I want my Yang back...