{ 19 }

{ Blake }

It was already a week since the attack. Ruby helped me find an apartment so that once Yang wakes up and gets released from the hospital, I could just bring Yang there instead of her other one in that abandoned building. The funny thing about that is that the apartment was in Ruby's building. I didn't mind. It was actually comforting to have someone that I know close by. I was just on the floor above her. What Ruby did next for me was to take me shopping for everything to furnish the place. I told her that she didn't have to do that but she insisted upon it. I found out that Sun and Neptune also live in the building just three floors down from me. The two of them helped with getting everything in which was nice of them. The only thing that made things awkward and unpleasant was when Sun and I were in a room alone together while Neptune went to get another box. "So Blake, I was wondering if you wanted to go out some time," Sun said.

"As in a date," I asked.

"Yeah, like a date," he said, sounding hopeful.

"I can't Sun. I'm sorry. You're nice and all but I'm fine with us just being friends," I said in reply.

"Oh, okay." We were silent for the rest of the time. It was later that night when I got a call.

"Hello," I said.

"Miss Belladonna," the person on the end questioned.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"I'm the doctor that operated on Miss Xiao Long. I wanted to tell you personally that she woke up earlier today."

My heart just stopped. "How is she?"

The doctor chuckled over the phone. "She's been asking for you almost all day since she woke up. You can come see her now if you'd like. Then I can also go over what needs to be done for her recovery after she's released from the hospital."

"I'll be there shortly. Thank you." Then the call was ended. I had to tell Ruby that Yang was awake finally.

'Ruby, Yang's awake!'

'WHAT?!'

'I just got a call from the hospital saying that she woke up today.'

'Thank dust. Can she have visitors?'

'Yes. The doctor who operated on her is going to be telling me what needs to be done for her recovery upon her release.'

'I'll go see her tomorrow. You two deserve some time alone. You haven't been the same since she was put into a coma.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes. Now go see her already! You can't keep her waiting you know.'

'Alright alright. I'll tell her that you plan to stop by tomorrow.'

'Thanks Blake.'

I grabbed a light jacket and headed for the hospital. I can't believe that she's finally awake. I couldn't stop smiling. Once I reached the desk on the floor Yang was roomed on, the doctor saw me get off the elevator and smiled. I smiled in return as I approached him. "Here's everything you need to know," he said as he handed me a piece of paper. I looked it over so I know what to do beforehand.

No alcohol consumption
No form of narcotics
No lifting above 5 lbs.
No excitement
No fighting
Have take medication provided as instructed on label
If bruising, apply ointment provided
Ice if needed
No irritation to wounded area

That seemed pretty simple and self explanatory. "Thank you for everything you've done for her," I said with a smile of deep gratitude.

"It was my pleasure. Take care of her well Miss Belladonna. She needs someone like you around to turn her life around," the doctor said. I nodded and then went to her room. I folded the paper with the instructions and put it in my jacket pocket so I wouldn't lose it. When I got to her room, I found her sound asleep. I couldn't help but smile as I looked upon her. I walked in and sat on the bed, trying not to disturb her. She looked so peaceful. It was really the only time when she's alone that she looks peaceful. Her hair was slightly draping over her face, deep breathing as she slept soundly. My hand gently brushed it away from her face. When I looked back upon her face, I met her lilac eyes.

"I didn't mean to wake you," I said as I sounded apologetic. The girl just gave me a smile. Her hand reached up and lightly cupped the side of my face. Oh how I've missed this. I turned my face slightly and deftly kissed her hand. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore but it's nothing that I can't handle. It's nothing like when..." She trailed off as a solemn look casted a shadow over her face.

"Don't think about him Flame," I said softly as I took her hand in mine. Her eyes widened a bit. Yes, I gave her a nickname finally. "Besides, I have a surprise for you."

"Oh really," she said with her smile returning. I nodded as I smiled back. "Care to share?"

"Yang, I-I found a place that isn't the little apartment you have back at that abandoned building. I wanted to start a new life, one with you. Starting with a clean slate is the best way to go in order for both of us to heal." Yang actually started to cry. "D-Did I say something? Please don't cry Yang."

"I want a new life where I can be normal. I want a life with you. Blake, I want you in my life until my last day. I will go the ends of the world and back just for you. If I lose you, then my life would be taken from me and I'll walk without a soul for the rest of my days," she said softly. Now she made me start crying. "Want to tell me what it's like?"

"Two bedroom apartment with a little balcony. Has all new furniture, you can thank Ruby for that. A perfect view of the ocean from the balcony. Cozy and just the right size for us," I said. "Ruby and I are going back to your old place to pack up everything and bring it to the apartment."

"Sounds perfect, just like a certain someone." I blushed and she softly chuckled.

"Another thing, we have some friends in the building already."

"Oh?"

"Your sister is one of them and then Sun and Neptune."

"Thank you, for everything Blake. You're the reason that I'm starting to change." Her scars were fading and dust painted the air before vanishing into thin air. Mine did the same. We didn't understand.

"If you two want to start fresh, then you need to lose those scars," a familiar voice said. We turned our attention to the door. Yang was getting nervous but I wasn't. I knew that she wasn't going to do anything. "I'm not going to hurt you Yang, not this time. I want you to finally live a happy life. What I did was selfish and wrong. I'm sorry for hurting you." Yang was confused. Cinder completely changed from our first encounter. Then the girl's body was painted with color. She took our scars for her own. "This is what I deserve for causing you so much pain. I'll carry your pain with me so you can finally have the life you wanted. Besides, you two have wonderful future together." Then she left.

"Just saying, those scars didn't tarnish the beauty you still hold." Yang blushed like crazy. I kissed her softly. "Oh and Ruby is going to come see you tomorrow."

"What about you? Are you going to come back tomorrow," she asked, hoping that I would.

"Yes I will later in the day. I need to take care of a few things before I come see you again." I kissed her forehead before I kissed her again. "You should get some rest. I promise I'll be back tomorrow Yang. I love you."

"I love you too."

***

{ Cinder }

It's time to move on from the past. By taking away their scars, I'm giving them the chance to really start over. "Cinder! What's with the new look," Mercury asked. I looked at him with solemn eyes. "Oh don't tell me you did it?"

"I want her to be happy Mercury. I'm done here. I'm leaving tonight," I said.

"Blake or Yang?"

"Both actually. I'm letting go of the past. It's time for me to move on with my life like they plan to do with theirs."

"Typical. I knew you were going to be weak from the start even with all of that training you had." He took a fighting stance. "Looks like I'm going to have to end it here Cinder." I closed my eyes and just stood there. With one blow, everything was gone. I accepted my fate freely. I knew that if he found out, then he would kill me. I freed them of their pain. That's what mattered most for me anyways.