{ 21 }

{ Yang }

When Blake met me at the hospital, I grew a little suspicious based on her smile that stretched across her face. As we walked, I jumped slightly as I was surprised by having her hand taking mine, our fingers intertwining perfectly. Then a blush rose and colored my cheeks. I haven't done anything like this since before the match. "Hey, isn't that Yang Xiao Long, the former boxer," a little boy asked his mother as we passed by. His mother looked up and watched the two of us walk by.

"Yes, it is Heath. It's been some time since I've seen her around," the woman said.

"Can I become a boxer mommy? Can I," the boy asked his mother, begging almost. I was stunned. In these last five years, I've never heard someone say that.

"Sure sweetie," his mother responded with a warm touch and a hint of happiness. More people began talking around us, saying things that I couldn't believe. How can everyone just change like this? People hated me after what happened.

"Blake, did you have something to do with this," I questioned as I gave her a suspicious look.

"Actually, I didn't. It's nice to finally hear people talk about you in a better way," she said, kissing my cheek. She giggled at the bright blush that was burning my cheeks. Then someone stopped us for a moment.

"Here, this is for you," another boy said, handing me an envelope. I thanked him before he returned to his family. I let go of Blake's hand to see what the boy gave me. I didn't know what to say. It was a Championship ring. Blake was amazed by it. This was the exact ring that I would've been given if nothing happened against Mercury Black. I was overcome with joy. My life was finally starting to change. It wasn't until we got into the apartment when I started crying. This was all happening too fast! Blake lightly cupped my face as she bestowed me a kiss. Once she pulled away, she placed something in my hand. It was a key.

"How are your boxing skills Yang," Blake teased in question.

"W-What?!" Blake just laughed at my reaction.

"That key is for an old boxing gym a few blocks away. Everyone pitched in to fix it up and everything. I even talked to the officials for the boxing league in this part of Vale and they've reinstated you as a boxer but one that now teaches to bring new champions into the sport." I couldn't believe it. I didn't even know how to react to this. All I did was wrap my arms around her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. Her arms came around my neck. A week ago, I nearly died when I was still hated by the world. Today, I'm given a new chance to do what I love. Boxing.