{ 16 }

{ Cinder }

Belladonna had finally arrived. We camped out for one more night. Tomorrow brings the ends of Yang Xiao Long, the girl who stole my love.

***

{ Yang }

"Hold still will you," he roared. I squirmed in his hold as I tried to run for my life. "Knock it off already Yang!" I cried as he drove the blade into my side.

"W-Why are you doing this to me," I cried out.

"Because it's one, my job and two, it's fun," Stone said while wearing a devilish smirk. My eyes were filled with tears as I looked at him. I thought he loved me. Was I nothing to him?

Then he pulled the blade out, holding it as he was about to strike again. "No, Stone! Please!"

"Stone...no... NO!" I sat up instantly, chest heaving and sweat coating my entire body. I just started bawling my eyes out. Even though he's dead, I'm still tortured by him!

"Yang? What happened," Blake asked in a groggy tone. She was only half awake. I was sobbing uncontrollably and trembling in fear. Those scars from that night glowed like spotlights. You could see them through my clothes they were that bright. "Yang? Yang what's wrong?"

"Why do I have to endure so much pain," I cried out. Blake took me in her arms, rocking slightly to calm me down. I clung to her as I cried. "Why does he have to keep hurting me?"

"He's never going to hurt you again. No one will while I'm here with you. I promise. It was just a dream," she said softly. Then she kissed the top of my head, sending a calm wave through my body. Slowly I began to fall asleep in her embrace. She always found a way to calm me down. Then I breathed deeply as I fell back asleep. "I'm not going anywhere Yang. I'm right here next to you." She placed me on my back on the bed as she laid next to me. I turned onto my side, wrapping my arms around her and my head laying on her chest. She giggled softly and then fell asleep.

***

When we finally woke up and got our butts out of bed, it was already the next morning. Today was the day that the girl would come. We were both scared, not knowing how this would all turn out. Suddenly the door busted open, revealing a man and a woman. "D-Dad," Blake stuttered in question with fear. The man smirked at her.

"Hello sweetheart. I see that you found yourself a little companion." The way she was acting told me everything. He also abused her. My eyes turned from lilac to crimson. "Well, someone's getting feisty." The girl glared at me, holding her weapon firmly.

"You took what was mine," she growled.

"No, I didn't. Blake wasn't yours to begin with! She most certainly isn't going to be now!" Blake has never seen me like this before. Honestly, I've never gone into this state for many many years.

"Why you little-"

"That's enough Cinder. Keep to the task at hand. Then maybe, if I don't decide to kill Blake, you can have her all to yourself," Blake's father said. Cinder was a bit nervous about that. Blake and I were afraid for our lives but I wasn't about to let either of them touch her. "Blake, be a good girl and stand away from the tyrant." Tyrant? Is that what he just called me? He just added fuel to this fire. My hair glowed and eventually burned brightly.

"She's not going anywhere," I growled. Cinder came at me and I blocked her attack. I didn't care if she broke the skin. I wasn't about to let her cause Blake any suffering. However, I knew it wasn't going to be easy, not with these two. Cinder struck me again but I grabbed the blade, refusing to let go. It began to dig deep within the skin of my palm. Yeah it hurt but nothing like these many years of torture. "You're not going to have Blake!" My fist slammed against her jaw, sending her backwards and letting go of her weapon.

"Dad, why are you doing this?! What she ever done to you," Blake cried.

"Mercury was the final straw," he sternly stated. Hearing that name turned a switch on and another off in my head. "But that was all part of our plan." They've been destroying my life this whole time?! That was when I fell to the floor in pain. Every scar I bore glowed intensely. What was happening to me? I looked at Blake's father and saw that he held some kind of a remote. "This is a little invention I came up with a few years back. Stone was kind enough to provide me a blood sample. You see, this will kill you slowly. Your scars aren't like regular dust scars as you may have realized. We made a some adjustments of our own to the dust that was used on everything that was used on you." Cinder grabbed her weapon and drove it into my side.

"You're not going to take her away from me again Yang Xiao Long or should I say sister," Cinder said eerily. Her what?! You're telling me that I'm related to this psycho?! "Mom gave us both up. You went with dad and I was just left somewhere. Then Belladonna found me and provided me a home and a family affiliated with the White Fang! So all of this was MY idea! To get back at you for getting everything you ever wanted!" Suddenly Cinder fell to the ground and the weapon was retracted. I tried so hard not to scream.

Then there was Blake. She stood in front of me as she held Cinder's weapon. "If you kill her, then you have to kill me too. I'm never going to leave her! She's been the best thing that has ever happened to me! If I lose that, then I'm nothing," Blake yelled. We all just stared at her.

"Blake, no..." I didn't want to lose her and I didn't want her to live a life where she'll be in misery. Tears were escaping my eyes the longer I looked at her. That was when Cinder kissed her. Now that really infuriated me. I placed my hand on the back of Blake's leg and she knew what I was going to do. She moved out of the way when I kicked Cinder's legs out from under her. "Never do that...again," I said while breathing heavily. Then Blake did the unexpected. She attacked her father, like physically attacked him using Cinder's weapon. The man fell to the floor, bleeding and gasping for air. I was starting to get lightheaded and I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I don't know what happened next. Everything went black and even quiet.

***

{ Blake }

I had no choice but to strike him down. He made my life miserable and let Adam hurt me! Why should I feel sorry for him if he dies? "You've never been a father to me! Just a man who likes to control," I shouted. Then I finished him off and turning my attention to Cinder. She was just sitting on the floor as she stared at Yang. Why wasn't she attacking her?

"You really love her don't you," Cinder said softly.

"Yes, I do." The girl sighed and turned her attention to me.

"Save her while you have the chance Blake. There's not much time left for her now." My eyes grew wide and I dropped the weapon. My heart just stopped. I can't lose her now. "If she makes you happy, then I'll leave you alone. I know better than to destroy your life since it already has been and that I only want you to be happy," Cinder said solemnly. Cinder took her weapon and then walked out the door without a second thought.

"Y-Yang," I said in a shaky voice as I nearly was in tears. "Yang, don't leave me okay. You're going to be okay." I took her in my arms and just started walking. She looked so pale and fragile. I walked all the way to the hospital in a daze, fearing the worst. As soon as I walked through the doors, people immediately came to help me with her. They took her into the operating room as soon as she was placed on a gurney. "Don't leave me Yang..."