{ 7 }

{ Blake }

We both packed a bag for our escape. We just had to get out of here before Stone or anyone else shows up. She gave me the spare helmet and then we rode off to who knows where. Yang had a bit of a hard time leaving but she knew it was the only way to hide from Stone. During the entire ride, we hardly stopped. The only times we did were to fill the gas tank and to stretch our legs from sitting on Bumblebee for so long. We had no idea on where we were going but that was the thrill in it. I fell asleep while hanging onto Yang once night fell. She made sure that she wore jeans and a jacket to hide most of the dust scars. The one thing we didn't really need right now were Grimm. It wasn't until morning when Yang stopped. My eyes slowly pried themselves open to see where we were. She found a small cabin that seemed to have electricity and all still. It looked old as well, like no one has occupied it in many years. Together we checked the place out to make sure that no one was still living there. It was our lucky day. We finally found somewhere to stay after a day's ride. Yang seemed a little off as she continued to look around the place. "Yang," I said in order to get her attention.

"I feel like I've been here before," she said. I was confused. I followed her when she came across a family photograph. She was nearly brought to tears, but why? I looked at the photograph more closely and realized why she was nearly crying. It was her family from when she was really little. Ruby was only a baby and Yang, she's an adorable little girl. Her father was holding her while her mother held baby Ruby. Her mother also wore a cape similar to Ruby's. The blonde put the photograph down and then walked up the wooden stairs. The girl was completely silent as she remembered those happy days. Then it dawned on me that she never spoke of her mother. I followed her upstairs and she walked into a certain room. It had some old toys, a bed that was neatly made and untouched, little wooden chairs around a table, and a beautiful mural painted on one of the walls. Yang just sat on the bed, keeping her head down and resting on her hands. That was when she started crying again. I sat down next to her and held her close to me. "This was the last place I ever saw her before we moved to Patch." Saw who? Then I knew why she never spoke of her mother. Her mother died when she was really young, leaving her father to be a single parent.

"I'm sorry Yang," I said softly. I kissed the top of her head. Yang flinched for some reason. "Did I hit your arm again?" She shook her head. "What's wrong then?"

"I-I... It made me think of how things used to be," she mumbled. I was confused. What about how things used to be? "You might as well know what happened with Stone and I." She wiped her eyes and sat up but not looking at me.

"You don't have to tell me now if you don't want to," I said.

"No, I want to. You deserve to know how dangerous of a man he can be," she said, her fingers gripping the fabric of her jeans. "Stone and I met when we were only fifteen at a boxing gym. We had the same coach. He was learning to become a boxing teacher while I was training for the big leagues. When I was almost sixteen, I finally made it and when he asked me out. We had become good friends beforehand. I didn't see any harm on giving it a try. Things though turned for the worst. I had just won another match at the time and we went out to celebrate. Stone decided to drink nonstop until he was completely wasted. I had him stay at my place for the night so he wouldn't get in an accident on his way home. That's when..." She clutched her right hand as she began to shake. "That's when he did it for the first time. I was only sixteen and a half when it happened. Stone had a tendency for getting violent when he was either drunk or angry. All of that violence was pinned on me. Sometimes it would just be one scar when other times it could be two or more. He's claimed me as his property. I'm his for the rest of my life and probably after. He said that I was his only and that no one else could have me. That's why every time he attacks me, he gives me a scar and then violates me. That's how he punishes me. I had to promise not to tell anyone about it back then, even now I'm not supposed to be talking about, or he would punish me again. I had to pretend that everything was fine when I was just crying and screaming on the inside. T-That's why I asked you to go that night. I didn't want you see me like that and I didn't want you getting hurt. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he hurt you like he's done to me. Y-You don't deserve the pain that I have to endure every day of my life. That's one of the reasons why I was going to jump off of that cliff that day and why I tried to bleed to death. I wanted to be rid of the pain and agony. I don't know how much more of this I can take Blake. I'm almost breaking at the seams from all of this." Tears were falling from her eyes again. I held her close to me as I let her cry. I was even crying. Yang never deserved such harm and pain. She shouldn't have to suffer because of him.

"If he ever finds us, I won't let him lay another finger on you. You don't deserve this pain. You don't deserve to feel this way. You deserve to be happy and live a life full of love and joy," I said softly through my tears. "I promise to protect you until my last breath."

"R-Really," she asked timidly.

"Yes. Yang, I... I've been wanting to be with you since the beginning of your boxing career. I...I fell in love with you before you ever knew that I even existed." She looked up at me and I began to wipe her tears away. Suddenly she pulled me in for a kiss. I deepened it instantly, knowing that would comfort her.

Then she pulled away. "Blake, be with me. Now and forever. You're the reason I'm still here and I want to make every last minute of my life count. I want a life with you. I want to be with you, love you, care for you, grow old with you. Be my last fight in the ring. Stay with me, please?" I smiled as I cried more, but with joy.

"I wouldn't want it any other way Yang. I want to be with you and stay with you until my last day." Yang kissed me again. Things got a bit heated let's just say. We embraced every inch of each other and we didn't stop until night fell again. We climbed into the bed in the master bedroom.

"I love your little kitty ears. They're adorable." She softly stroked them and I began to purr in delight. "I love every piece of you."