Chapter 21

"Ugh, we've been traveling two weeks Ava! How much farther?" Terrance whined as the terrane started turning a bit more swampy than before

"You're just upset because you haven't seen Jed in two weeks." Ava fired back

"No, I'm tired of traveling."

"Well let me distract you." An unfamiliar female voice said

Confused, Terrance looked up. There was a random lady she'd never seen before in the middle of their path.

"Who are you?" Terrance asked warily

Ava crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

"I, am Nadia." She said smiling and pointing at herself.

"Well.. What do you want?" Ava asked suspiciously.

"I wanted to meet the girl who stole Marcus's heart. And as it turns out, she's an elf!" Nadia said girlishly.

As Ava's face slowly drained color, Nadia's happy phesaude leaked away into a menacing expression.

Terrance looked at Ava, "is Marcus..?"

Ava nodded, "my forbidden human love? Yes.." She glared at Nadia, "what do you know of him."

"Well you see darling," Nadia began slowly walking towards them, smiling as she walked, "we were to be married next month, that is, until he met his true love."

"He was engaged?" Ava asked

"Yes, to me. But the wedding it off now."

"So what do you want?" Terrance asked while putting her hand on her hip.

"I'm a witch." Nadia said simply

"Okay?" Terrance asked

"I learned a way for humans to live forever, well, those with magic anyways." She started. Nadia walked behind Ava and Terrance, "I become the age of the one I marry."

"That's.. Creepy, but why not just find another guy?" Ava asked

"That would be the thing to do, wouldn't it? No." She walked between Ava and Terrance, "every 20 or so years I remarry. It's not that I couldn't find another husband easily, it's just simply inconvenient. So because you've angered me, I think I'll take it out on you."

"So what exactly do you want? You lost me." Ava said smirking

"Nothing right now. But I'll think of something, just you wait. Today was all about introductions." She smiled and walked back between them.

When they looked back a few seconds later to see why she went silent she wasn't there. She simply disappeared.

"What a freak." Terrance said sarcastically, taking a few steps forward.

"Well that's not nice." A male voice said from behind a tree.

"Hello? Please say you're not a witch." Ava called out.

Terrance giggled a little before she saw who stepped out.

A tall and devishly handsome prince elf stepped out with a cheesy grin.

"Prince?" Ava asked shocked.

"Avani! What are you doing here!?" Terrance squealed of excitement, before running over and attacking him with a bear hug.