Chapter 26

She sneaks along, tree to tree, heading for the tree with her magical necklace.

A ball of nerves sitting unnervingly in the pit of her stomach.

She head a snore.

She stopped in her tracks for a moment before continuing on. She clutched one hand on the hilt of her sword and the other she steadied herself against trees as she passed them.

She passed a few more trees and then saw it. The pine tree. It was monsterously tall, but beautiful.

She hesitated, remembering she hadn't seen any natives and only heard one snore.

She glanced around, once she was sure there was no one around she took a step.

Apparently she looked everywhere but down.

She stepped on an odd shaped rock and tripped,

She fell on a stick, then that stick knocked over a pile of rocks with a loud crashing sound following.

Great. Just my luck. She thought to herself.

She stood still for a few seconds listening. It was quiet. To quiet.

She looked behind herself to see 20 or so did formed dwarves with crazy eyes trying to sneak up on her.

Their eyes made contact and they charged.

She took off sprinting to the tree.

With the momentum behind her she jumped in hopes of grabbing the first branch.

As luck would have it she missed the branch and face planted..

What is wrong with me today!? She yelled at herself.

She hopped up and scrambled up the tree trunk to the first branch less gracefully right before the natives reached it.

She scurried up a few branches then looked down.

They were following her up the tree!

For some reason she hadn't pictured them as able to climb, but it made sense, why couldn't they?

She stopped looking behind her and focused on the top.

She felt like a squirrel

At last she reached the top. She searched frantically before seeing a small shine in the grooves of the wood. She grabbed the necklace, put it on, and looked down.

How could she escape? The natives were half way up the tree after her!

She sighed nervously and crawled out to the edge of a branch.

She closed her eyes

Jed. I have to jump. I hope you can hear me.,

The branch wiggled as a native pulled the self into it.

She jumped without looking.

She free fell a few seconds, clutching tightly to her moon stones, life flashing behind her closed eyes.

At the last second, before hitting the ground, she felt a huge hand grab her.

She opened her eyes.

Her dragon had caught her in his claw.

She was flooded with relief

"You came" she thought to him

"Of course I did. Never doubt me, I'll always find a way." Was his simple reply

She smiled as a warm feeling filled her