Chapter 11: head in the clouds

Rose's POV

I sat there in shock, he had done that? I didn't know whether to love him or hate him.

"Stigoi attack!" Jane said out of nowhere bursting into the room.

"Leave it to me." Chris said as he walked out of the room and I was left with two shocked people, Jane thinking he was mad and wondering what he would be doing.

"Soo...." She said and I moved back in my seat. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm who I said, I'm Lena, he's the only one who was pretending." I straight out lied.

"So, is that his?" She asked and I was confused for a second before I remembered that he had asked me to pretend to be pregnant. "Well..." I said, confused as to what I should say.

"I knew it!" Lisa squealed as she stood up, showing off her clearly pregnant self. "I know I'm due in a week but we can go out shopping together." She grinned as she walked over and I was sure that my face had gone extremely pale.

"Uhh... I..." I began but she just continued her onslaught.

"So, is it a boy or a girl, how far along are you, when are you due?" She asked and I felt dazed.

"Uh... boy? ... and six months?" I told her.

"So you have three months left, I bet you're excited." She smiled and I felt like I had just ran into a brick wall.

"I'm gonna... go..." Jane trailed off as she slowly slipped away.

I had never seen this side of Lisa before and, to be honest, I was scared of it.

"Okay, are you free tomorrow?" She asked. "Oh wait, of course you are, okay, then I'll see you here at eleven, we will take the royal guard and shop for baby clothes." She smiled.

I just nodded and said yes to whatever other proposals she spurted out before her realisation of the entire conversation that she had gone through hit her mind, at that moment Christian had to take over, apologise and let me leave, saying that I was going to be staying in the Lavender suit with Chris... IRONY!!!!

"Why did you have to say we were married?" I asked as I tried to construct a pillow wall between me and Chris on the bed.

"Because it covers your ass more." He explained. "Who would expect a married woman to be in love with someone who is trying to get married to someone else?" He asked.

"Very true..." I sighed as I looked down at my fake stomach and turned back to my normal self, questioning if I would ever have the chance of really having that feeling of being pregnant. I had gotten close to the possibility before but the possibilities seemed to be dwindling.

The next day I was awoken with an introduction to the floor under the bed.

"Where's Lena?" Lisa asked.

"Just having a shower..." Chris said in a rushed voice.

"Why can't I hear it?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe the pregnancy is affecting your gifts." He said in the most respectful way possible, unfortunately he still sounded like an ass.

After a while of convincing Lisa stormed out of the room fuming as I crawled out from under the bed and Chris glared at me as though I was his enemy.

In the end I rushed into the shower as quickly as possible before changing my appearance and meeting with Lisa and Dimitri before heading off to some random mall to do shopping.

"So, are you looking forward to having children?" She asked me and I just shrugged.

"I don't know." I said as I looked down at the fake stomach on full display.