Chapter TWO: Not the only one, tryna be the only one.

KENNETH
*Kenneth's house to the right.

After leaving Nyla's humble home, I already knew this wasn't the life for her. She wanted a big ass house, fancy cars and the shit I could give to her. Her boyfriend could never provide for her or my daughter the way I could. It had gotten to the point where money was never an issue for me. I could stop hustling completely and live my life over 3 times and still have money left. They didn't understand, this is what I wanted. I did this for her. I wanted us to never worry about money the way she use to and the way I did as a kid. Now that I was here, I was going to make sure Mackenzie wanted for nothing. 

"Where you at?" Rodrick said as I answered my phone.

"I'm heading back to the house. Where are you?" I asked him.

"Already here...waiting for you. You invite me all the way out to LA, the least you could do was leave me a spare key." He said sarcastically.

"Be there in 5." I shook my head and hung up. 

I figured Nyla would love to see Rodrick and I knew he was dying to see her. I knew he missed her, he talked about her more than anybody else. If I tried to talk to a chick he would mention her ass, just to try to stop me. But, it didn't cause i'm a man and I have needs. I rolled up to the house that I bought thinking it would be suitable for a family. I got out and saw Rodrick sitting on the steps. 

"What's up man?" I said as we did our handshake. 

"Oh you know..just enjoying these hard ass steps." He said sarcastically.

I opened the door and walked in. 

"Shit! This crib is nice! She gon' love this." He lit up as he walked around the house .

"I think so too. Ayo, can you believe she got a man?" I said as I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. 

"Forreal?" He asked as he joined me. 

"Forreal." I confimed. 

"He better than you?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Hell nah, he some weak ass square nigga. We all know that ain't her type..shit, she knows it ain't her type." I said as I took a huge gulp. 

"How she looking?" He asked anxiously.

"Good. Real good." I smiled. 

"Still bald?" He laughed, I just gave him a dirty look and drank my beer.

"And your kid?" He asked changing the topic.

"She's gorgeous. Most beautiful little girl i've ever seen." I was dazed as I remembered my daughter. 

"It's a girl..what's her name?" He asked.

"Mackenzie Kyla Cruz." I said.

"At least she got your last name." He mentioned. 

"Good point." We sat and drank. Rodrick gave me advise on how to get Nyla back. Most of it was childish, but he had a few points.

"Give it time and if it comes down to it, we'll just off ole dude." He said. 

I just nodded. I was ready to do it now, but he was right for me to give it time. I woke up early the next morning and headed over to Nyla's house. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. It took a minute but finally her little boyfriend opened the door. 

"What's up man?" He smirked. I kissed my teeth.

"Where's Nyla and my daughter?" I asked. 

"Oh you mean my daughter? I'm her daddy now, get use to it." He attempted to correct me.