Chapter TWENTY THREE: Coming Home..

KENNETH

I rushed to Nyla and saw a bloody Gabrielle laying in the tub. Nyla had turned off the water, a bar of soap was laid on the bottom of the tub. It was slightly mushed and I assumed she slipped on it. She was bleeding from her head and in between he legs. It was clear that she had hit her stomach. I called 9-1-1 and when they arrived I grabbed Mackenzie and put her in the car. It was bad enough that she was tired but now on top of it she was miserable and complaining. It just added to the stress that was already going on. I was praying for my baby as we followed close behind the ambulance. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that it was mine because it all made sense, there was no use in me denying the kid. Nyla and I waited as they took her into the ER. The doctor annouced that she was in critical condition. 

"I wonder if she did it on purpose?" Nyla whispered, reading my mind. 

"Don't say shit like that." I replied. Even though I was thinking the same thing too, I didn't want to hear it. We sat there for the next couple hours waiting for some news. I kept asking for updates but they failed to give me any. A nurse came in and smiled. 

"Unfortunately, we're going to have to ask you to leave. Visiting hours are over, but if you come back tomorrow, I'm sure Ms. Wayler will be out of surgery." She said in a soothing tone. 

"Alright." I nodded. We had been sitting there for a long time and I knew Mackenzie was hungry and exausted. We arrived home and Nyla sat with Mackenzie and fed her. 

"C'mon baby. You have to eat something really quick so we can get you cleaned up and off to bed." She cooed. I understood that she wanted her to eat cause she hadn't eaten since breakfast, but I doubted this was going anywhere. I sighed and went to take a shower and got into bed. Nyla joined me an hour later, she went and showered before she climbed in next to me.

"Sucessfully got her to eat?" I asked. 

"Yeah." She said softly. 

We laid in silence for a minute before she broke it again.

"Everything's gunna be okay, Kenny. I asked Yana to watch Mackenzie for a bit, so we can visit her." 

"You don't understand. I know you didn't like her, but she's a good person. She didn't deserve that, my baby definetly didn't." I sighed. 

"I know baby, I wouldn't wish this on anybody. But, just think positive, pray for her and just trust in God." She said as she kissed me softly. I stroked her hair as she laid her head on my chest. 

It was crazy how supportive Nyla was being, considering how much she hated Gabrielle and the fact that I was going to have a child with someone else. This is why I needed her, this is why I loved her.

NYLA

Yana showed up early as promised. Mackenzie ran into her arms as soon as the door opened.

"Yanny! I missed you." Mackenzie glowed as she hugged Yana. 

"I missed you too, baby. Blame yo mama." She joked and stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Yana, we gotta head to the hospital to check on Kenneth's baby mama." I said quietly. 

"He got a baby mama?" She said loudly. I told her to come early, I didn't tell her why. 

"I'll explain it all later." I sighed as Kenneth came down the stairs.

"Well, if it isn't the Almighty Kenneth.." Yana smirked. She hadn't seen him since the night at the club, but she had heard plenty about him.