Chapter TWENTY-SIX: Ghost & Stuff.

I was gunna wait til tomorrow, but I can't. I suck at holding out on chapters, so here's the update :)

KENNETH

I didn't return the hospital and niether did anyone else. No one wanted to face the fact that Nyla was gone. Just as she had become my wife, punk ass Darnell took her life. I kept getting calls from the hospital but I refused to answer. Her dad tried to contact me, but I didn't want to hear it from him either. It was 2 days later and I left my mom's house with my girls. I headed home and Mackenzie kept asking for Nyla, and I always changed the topic. I didn't want to explain death to a 5 year old. She went outside and swam as soon as we got home while I fed Maliyah and watched her. Landon still had Darnell locked away somewhere, I wanted to handle him. I had so much anger built up inside of me, it was even more frustrating because everytime I looked a Mackenzie I had to look at an exact reflection of Nyla. They did a lot of the same things, they looked a like, and even talked a like,at times. I heard the door bell ring and I got up to see who it was. 

Anya and Yana.

I walked away so I could get back to my daughters, I never wanted to leave them unattended. I was on the verge of cussing Anya out. I knew it was a mistake inviting her to the wedding. 

"Kenneth, I'm so sorry. I had no clue. I had no idea he would do that. I swear. I'd never, in my wildest dreams think of that shit. I'd never physically hurt Nyla. I swear." Anya pleaded. 

I took my seat and Yana picked Maliyah up. 

"I believe her, Kenny." Yana said softly. Her eyes were red and puffy. This was the first time I saw her looking a mess. 

"I'm so sorry about everything that happened. How is she holding up?" Yana nodded to Mackenzie who just kept swimming back and forth. 

"I didn't tell her." I said softly. 

"You have to. You think she won't figure it out that her mom isn't coming back?" Yana said. 

"I get that. I just can't, I can't will myself to do it. I've thought about it, I've tried. I, myself, can't even handle this shit. I don't want my daughter having a mental breakdown at the age of 5, Yana!" I yelled at her. I was so angry. I couldn't contain myself. 

"Sorry." I said as I calmed down. 

"It's alright." She said. 

"I'ma head out for a bit, I want you to leave Anya, don't come back to my house ever again. Stay away from my daughters and me." I said cooly as I walked out. Yana shrugged at Anya who looked sad, but understood. She left when I did and I drove to where Landon was holding Darnell. I was going to make this the most painful death anyone has ever indured on this planet. I texted Landon, Jojo and Marlon to meet me there. I got there and we all pulled up at the same time. I got up and entered the rusted door. 

"You good?" Landon asked. 

"Perfect." I said dryly as we stepped into the place. The sound of dripping water was the only sound the echoed. I walked up the old stairs and my boys followed. I opened the door and Darnell sat chained like an animal to the floor. A rusted chain was around his neck arms and legs and that was hooked to the wall. His eyes were hollow and swollen and the same was for the rest of his body that was covered in bruises, and cuts. It looked like he got ran over by a train. 

"Wake the fuck up!" I yelled as I kicked him in the face. He groaned as he came into conciousness. 

"You fucked with me for the last time. I tried to be patient. I even tried to let you live, but you still wanted to fuck around." I sighed as I kneeled down to his level.