Chapter TWENTY-FIVE: (Short chapter)

KENNETH

I looked around for my wife as I heard a bunch of commotion. All my boys rushed someone and was stomping him out. My mother gathered all the children and took them outside. 

"Everyone out." The DJ annouced. 

People headed out the door, and I headed towards the back of the room where everything was going on. 

"Call 9-1-1!" Yana screamed. 

I finally pushed through to see red slowly covering Nyla's white wedding dress. She laid on the floor unconcious, barely breathing. There was so much chaos and as mad as I wasn't leaving Nyla's side. I wanted to hop in on the beat down Darnell was getting but I just couldn't bother. I was sick of things happening to her, especially because of me. I should have just killed that bitch ass nigga when I had a chance. I hugged her tight to me, Yana unzipped her dressed and put a cloth on her wound.

"Stay with me, baby." I cooed in her ear as I started to cry. I didn't care who saw. I just wanted to get her out of here. Landon, Marlon, and Jojo took Darnell outside, and put him in the back of a car. The police and paramedics rushed in just in time. The took off Nyla's dress and put her on a stretcher.

"We need to get her to the hospital fast, we're losing her! Let's go." The paramedic annouced as they carried her away. I rode in the back with them as the police questioned Yana, Natasha, and Thalia. This was suppose to be the best day of our lives and it ended in trouble. When we got to the hospital, Nyla was rushed away. I really prayed that this was the last time I ever have to see her being rushed away into hospital. I sighed as I took a seat. I sat there and a few minutes later Landon, Jojo and Marlon walked in. 

"How is she?" They asked. 

"I'm not sure." I sighed as I rubbed my hands over my head.

"That girl is a beast," I gave Landon a dirty look, "I mean that in the nicest way possible." He continued. 

"She been raped, beat, shot, paralyzed, she ain't gon' die from no punk ass stab wound. Nyla is too much of a fighter for that weak shit." He concluded as he shook his head. I really hoped he was right. God has given my family so many chances, I just asked for one more. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I don't know what my daughter would do. I know Nyla was pretty much raised without her mother, but I didn't want the same faith for my daughter. We sat there for a few hours and Yana, Thalia and Natasha came and sat. Yana was a complete mess and Thalia and Natasha just did their best to keep it together. I watched as a bunch of nurses rush into Nyla's room.

"What's happening?" Yana screamed as she tried to get into the room. 

"Ma'am, I'm gunna need for you to take a seat and calm down." A black nurse said to her. I heard the long beep and already knew what it meant as I grabbed her and pulled her back to her seat as she cried hysterically. 

"Kenneth! You can't let this happen. You can't let her leave me." She cried as she turned to face me. I hugged her as she continued to bawl her eyes out. Everyone sighed as they looked to the ground, I swallowed hard as the beeping sound echoed throughout the halls. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to go. I had to see my daughters and make sure they were alright. Everyone sat for a few more minutes before we all got up and left. I didn't want to hear the doctor say that she was dead, I didn't want it to be real, I just wanted to avoid the whole situation. I wasn't running, but for right now, I just wanted to be with my daughters. We all went out seperate ways and Landon drove me to my mom's house. She opened the door and embraced me. 

"I'm so sorry baby." She said as she kissed my cheek. 

I nodded, red covered my white suit as I  stepped into the house. 

"Daddy, what's on your suit?" Mackenzie asked. 

"Come here." I told her as I took my jacket off. She walked over to me and I picked her up. 

"I love you so much." I said as I kissed her face. 

"I love you too daddy." She said. 

"Where's mommy?" She asked. I looked at her with solemn eyes. This isn't what I wanted to tell her, I never wanted this moment to happen.

"It's time for bed." I said as I put her down. I went and kissed a sleeping Maliyah before taking Mackenzie upstairs. I took a shower and put on some pajamas before climbing into bed with Mackenzie. I turned off the TV. 

"Hey!" She frowned. 

"Bedtime, little girl." I laughed. 

"I'm 5, daddy! I'm not little!" She argued. 

"I know, baby. Good night." I said as she climbed under my arm. 

"Good night daddy." She smiled and closed her eyes. 

I know this chapter is short, 
But,  I did that intentionally. 
It's so sad.
R.I.P NYLA? 
Hmph, 
Vote, comment, fan..
Update coming tomorrow

By the way, y'all comments are HILARIOUS!