Chapter SEVENTEEN: When In Rome

NYLA

I saw a sign that said  'BENVENUTI IN ITALIA' .

"Italy?" I said to myself. 

He smirked, "Everything's gunna be alright." 

I narrowed my eyes at him and rolled my eyes. The plane landed and he walked over to Mackenzie to pick her up.

"I got this." I growled at him as I picked her up. I wasn't gunna let him hurt her, at all. Not even  touch her. There was a car waiting and the driver stood outside. "Welcome Mr. & Mrs. Wellington." He said.

"We're not married, we're not even together." I corrected as I got into the car. Tyrone glared at me and I kissed my teeth. We drove in silence and I held Mackenzie in my arms. I could tell she was upset, and her happiness meant the world to me. I had to figure out how to get out of this situation, I had gotten myself into. We got to a loft and I put Mackenzie in a room to get some sleep. When I walked out of the room, Tyrone was standing there.

"What the fuck is your deal, Tyrone? You killed my friend, you kidnapped my motherfuckin' child and what now? What do you want?" I barked at him.

"I want you, baby." He smiled. I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm tightly. 

"Tomorrow morning, we're going down to the chapel. You gon' put on a white dress and we gon' get married." He said.

"Hell no, we're not! I'm not marrying you, I'm not fucking you, I'm not even sleeping in the same bed as you. You're sick, and I mean, seriously sick. You need to get some help." I told him, yanking my arm away. I got some coffee, and drank it quickly. He watched me intently.

"What?" I barked.

He shook his head and went over to his doufle bag. I got scared he was gunna pull a gun out on me. He looked at me over his shoulder, zipped the bag back up and stood upright. He walked over to me, our faces just mere inches apart, my breath quickened as I got scared. He turned just turned on the tap, his eyes never leaving me. He took his hand from behind his back and revealed a pill bottle. He opened it, put two of the white pills in his mouth and used his hand to get water to swallow. I watched him curiously.

"What are those for?" I asked him, softly. 

He just continued to stare as he walked over to the couch and laid down. I sighed and put my cup in the sink. I went to go lay down with Mackenzie. When I walked in she was crying. I went and laid next to her.

"What's wrong, babygirl?" I asked her. 

"I want my daddy." She cried.

"Me too, baby." I said softly. 

KENNETH

I kept tryna call Nyla, but it went straight to voicemail every single time. I was frustrated and confused why she wouldn't tell me. I should've handled his ass when I had a chance. I didn't know he do some crazy shit like this. Word on the street was he got sent to an asylum instead of prison but I never believed rumours. But that, I should've at least took into consideration. Everyone was at fault, but no matter if she stayed with me or not, Tyrone would've gotten to her eventually. I heard a soft knock on my door and Gabrielle entered.

"You okay?" She asked softly.

"Honestly, no." I sighed. She came and sat at the edge of my bed. 

"You're gunna find her, both of them. Don't worry. Nyla's a smart girl." She said. I knew she was tryna make me feel better but it honestly wasn't working.