Chapter THIRTEEN: The possession

NYLA

"Why do you look so surprised?" Ranae asked me.

"Well, because I haven't seen you in a couple years and I didn't expect to find you here." I explained.

"Well..unlike some people, when Kenneth came to LA he made sure he didn't forget the people who had his back this whole time. You're a fake ass bitch, Nyla." She glared at me. 

"How am I fake? Cause I didn't call you, last time I check, Ranae, you ain't feeding me, fucking me, or financing me so what the fuck do I owe to you?" I said tryna be chill. 

"Whatever man. I don't know why Kenneth even waste his time with your ass. You ain't shit but a worthless ass bitch who happened to get knocked up by the right guy." She spat. The fact that everybody keeps throwing that in my face was getting on my last nerve. I didn't try to get pregnant, what kinda bullshit is that.

"You know what Ranae, i'm not about to argue with your ass. You do you, and i'll do me." I sighed.

"According to the streets, you've been doing more than yourself. Fuckin' hoe." She rolled her eyes. 

"Ha. You sound so jealous, Rae. Never took you for the type." I smirked. 

"Mommy!" I heard a high pitch scream as my daughter ran into the room. She jumped on my lap. "I missed you soo much." Mackenzie said hugging me.

"I missed you more, baby. What's up with your hair, munchkin?" I laughed as I saw the huge afro on her head.

"Well, daddy didn't know how to do it and he hurt my head so bad, mom." She whined.

"I tried." Kenneth shrugged with a slight smile.

"Don't worry, mommy will fix you up. Say bye to your daddy so we can go." I told her. She sighed and hugged him.

"Bye daddy." She pouted.

"Bye princess." Kenneth replied, kissing her on her forehead. I helped her put on her shoes, then realized I didn't have a ride since I got a driver to take me here. I really didn't want to ask him, but a cab would be really expensive. 

"Kenneth, I need a ride home." I sighed. 

"I gotchu." He said, getting up. He went upstairs and came back down seconds later with his keys in hand and shoes on. He buckled Mackenzie in the back of the car, put my luggage in the trunk and I sat in the passenger seat. 

"Why didn't you tell me Ranae was here?" I asked him as we drove. I felt kind of set up. 

"I didn't know she was coming. But she showed up yesterday and so I'm letting her and her friend stay with me." He explained.

"Hm,? Her friend's pretty cute." I said, just to see what he'd say.

"Not cuter than you." He smirked, and looked over at me.

"Boy, whatever. " I said, rolling my eyes. 

"So, where's your boyfriend?" He grinned. 

"Wherever he wants to be." I replied. 

He didn't respond to that and I was thankful cause I honestly didn't want to talk about it or Tyrone, or anything. He got to my building and parked. He took a sleeping Mackenzie out the back and grabbed my luggage.

"I can take it." I told him.

"Nah, you carry the dog." He instructed, so I picked up Wiggins. We took the elevator up and I opened up the door. 

"This is nice, how'd you get this?" He asked.

"Tyrone gave it to me." I answered.

"Hm." He said, I lead him to Mackenzie's room and he took off her shoes before tucking her in. I stood at the door and watched him. I was amaazed at how fast they became so close, but I loved it. He stepped away slowly and shut the door quietly.