Chapter EIGHT: HG

KENNETH

I left the theatre feeling jealous. I'm not a jealous type of person, but that really pissed me off. Everytime I spun around she had somebody new. Maybe she didn't care about me at all. I mean, I had Anya but it wasn't anything too serious. I drove straight home, and saw Rodrick sitting on the floor playing with Mackenzie and her dog.

"Ay, I got to talk to you." I told him as I headed into the kitchen. I grabbed a beer and took a seat at the island in the center of the kitchen. 

"What's up man?" Rodrick asked as he took a seat across from me. 

"Nyla got a new man." I said. 

"Already?!" He asked sounding surprised. I nodded.

"Told you she was a hoe." Anya chimed in as she walked into the kitchen. 

"Shut up, who was even talking to you!" Rodrick said getting angry. He liked Anya, but not half as much as he liked Nyla. He hated the fact that I allowed her to talk shit about Nyla.

"Anyways! She is a hoe, accept it and move on." She said taking a seat next to me, with a smug grin on her face. 

"What's up with the Darnell situation?" I asked, changing the topic. 

"Apparently, he's talking time off. But he should be back from wherever he is in 2 days." Rodrick answered. 

"What? You're trying to get revenge for him choking that hoe?" Anya emphasized, "Look, it ain't important anymore, you're not with her. So he put his hands on her, so what? That's not your business and it's not your problem." She concluded. 

"Well, you don't get to decide what the fuck my problem is, Anya. Right now, you're my motherfuckin' problem, now if you wanna continue what we got, I recommend you stay in your place, and shut your mouth." I said, getting up and going upstairs. I took a shower and laid in bed. It wasn't just about Nyla, it was about my daughter as well. 

"Daddy?" I heard Mackenzie's small voice. She was wearing her pink onesie pajamas and was carrying a panting Wiggins. 

"Yes, babygirl." I answered.

"Can I sleep with you please?" She asked softly, walking to the side of my bed with a frown. 

"Sure." I smiled and lifted her up. Wiggins took position at the bottom of the bed and she laid on my chest. It didn't take her long to fall asleep, when I tried to move her, she just began crying. So I left her there, and eventually fell asleep myself. 

NYLA

I spent the night with Tyrone. We just cuddled and talked about my past relationships. I was hoping that would be my last conversation about it. He told me, he worried about even getting involved with me, not because of Kenneth, but because I was so young. He was turning 30 in a couple of days and he didn't want to be messing with a "little girl" but a real woman. That just motivated me to try and show him that I was better than he thought. I woke up and he wasn't next to me. I was wearing his big white Tee. I tiptoed down the stairs of his condo. 

"Good Morning." He smiled as he entered the house. 

"Where'd you go?" I pouted. 

"To get you some stuff and to work out." He said putting down a wal-mart bag, and drinking his water. 

"Thank you." I smiled, trying hard not to stare at his glistening body. 

"Go get cleaned up and I'll make you breakfast." He said and kissed my cheek. I took the bags and went upstairs. I got in the stand up glass shower, it was beautiful, and lavish, just how I imagined my life being. I spent a long time in there, just enjoying it beauty. I came out, brushed my teeth, and moisturized my body. I looked in the bags and pulled out black high-waisted shorts, and a tank top. It was simple, but he was a man and he didn't know my style. But this was so me.