Chapter SEVEN: Vandalized

NYLA

I woke up to text from Tyrone and a huge grin spread across my face.  

>Tyrone:
Good Morning beautiful,
I'm just hoping you have a wonderful day,
and I hope to see you soon. 

I texted him back..

<Nyla
Good Morning..
Tonight at 7,
Let's go see a movie ;)

>Tyrone:
You got it babe,
send me your info
and i'll see you then. ;)

I sent him all my information and took a shower. I straightened my hair and it swayed just above my butt. I made breakfast and decided to go to the gym, it was time to take care of myself  & of course, Mackenzie first and men second. 

KENNETH

The marks on Anya's face started to fade and what remained she covered with make-up. She was beginning to look like herself again. I decided to let her pick up Mackenzie yesterday as a test to see if Nyla could control herself, to my surprise, Anya came back without a mark. I wasn't trying to put her in the line of fire, she suggested she go. I knew she wanted to be malicious but that wasn't my intentions. I felt comfortable because Mackenzie already knew who she was and didn't have to get to know anyone new. 

"She's so gorgeous, it just sucks she looks like her mother. We'll make sure she don't act like that hoe." Anya remarked. She'd been doing that a lot lately. Making snide remarks about Nyla, and I never corrected her cause that was no longer my job, but it was getting annoying. 

"Mackenzie, let's go inside, time for you to have lunch." I called her out of the pool. She was like a fish, she always wanted to be in the damn water. 

"Can I take a bubble bath tonight, daddy?" She asked as we walked into the house. 

"Sure." I took off her arm floaties and dryed her off. I attempted to dry her mane but this was a job for her mother. The girl had too much damn hair. 

"Ow, daddy! Stop." She whined as I was trying to wrap her hair in the towel. 

"That's not how you do it." She sighed. 

"I'm sorry babygirl, I don't know how." I told her. 

"Auntie Anya-" 

"It's Mommy Anya." Anya said.

"No, it's not." I whispered to Mackenzie. She just smiled.

"Can you wrap my hair please?" Mackenzie asked politely. 

Anya tried but it still wasn't right. I laughed and made four BLT sandwiches knowing Rodrick would be back soon wanting to stuff his gut. 

"Daddy.." Mackenzie began as we sat and ate.

"Yes?" 

"Why don't you love my mommy anymore?" She said softly, looking down at her sandwich. She was young but she understood a lot more than I thought. 

"Because she's a bit-" Anya began.

"I do love your mom." I cut her off. Anya rolled her eyes and kissed her teeth.

"Well...why don't you act like it?" She continued to question, I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"I do." I lied.