Chapter TWENTY-FOUR: Purple Birthday ...Red Wedding

I KNOW I KNOW! Finally! An update! It's pretty long and A LOT goes on in this chapter. The book is almost finished, sadly but please enjoy. VOTE. COMMENT.  & FAN :)

Oh, and check out my new book Teenage Love Affair, it's an interracial love story, so if you're into that, check it out <3

-TEE

NYLA

I went in to check on Maliyah. I truly cared for her like I said I would. She reminded me of Mackenzie because she was such a happy baby. She laughed way more than she cried. If she did cry, it was for a reason. She was very quiet other wise. I made sure the baby monitor was on before I went to take a shower. I came out and Kenneth was laid out on the bed. 

"How'd it go?" I smiled as I got dressed. 

"Good. She's just a really jealous little girl...reminds me of somebody." He smirked.

"Of who? Do not get the game fucked up, I was never jealous." I said.

"Don't you just sound 17 again." He laughed. I smiled and climbed into bed, laying on my stomach and propping myself up on my forearms. 

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"Remember the first time we had one on one conversation..Then that chick I was fucking with came up and you beat her ass in the resturant?" He laughed.

"Nope, don't remember." I smirked.

"Oh yeah, keep frontin'. Then you threw a cup at her head, I took you outside and you cussed me out for the first of many times." He said as he stoked my hair. 

"If ya ass would act right I wouldn't need to cuss your ass out." I giggled and kissed him.  

"You ready to be in this for life?" He said as he broke the kiss and looked me in my eyes. 

"For life? I don't think I can deal with you that long." I joked. 

"I'm serious." He said with a straight face but playful eyes. 

"For life." I agreed as I took his hand in mine. He pulled me down and I laid my head on his chest. He turned off the TV and lamp. 

"Or until I get tired of you." I laughed.

"You play too much." He said, grabbing on my ass. We cuddled until I fell asleep.

KENNETH

I woke up and Nyla was already awake as usual. She always got up early to take care of the girls. Ever since Maliyah's been here, the only time we get together is at night, and only sometimes. The door opened but I didn't see anyone so I already knew it was Mackenzie. She climbed up behind me. 

"Raawr." She screamed, jumping on me. 

"Oh my, you scared me!" I pretended and she giggled as I turned and grabbed her.

"I'm here to do serious business, mister." She laughed as she grabbed a big book she brought in. 

"What is that?" I asked her, as I sat up. She sat next to me underneath my arm. 

"We have to pick the colors for the princess wedding. All the maids need a color and your men need colors." She said, opening a book of fabrics and colors. 

"I want it to be purple. You like purple, right daddy?" She said, looking up at me for reassurance. 

"I love purple, babygirl." I smiled. She flipped through the book to the purple section and we decided on a light silky light purple. She took it to show her mom while I went to take a shower. I came out and finished freshening up before heading downstairs. Nyla was rocking Maliyah in her arms, while Mackenzie rambled about the big princess wedding we were going to have. I took in the sight until the doorbell rang and interrupted. Nyla looked up and saw me and smiled. I turned to go answer it, when I opened it I wanted to slam the door shut then and there.