2.

I was awoken by frantic banging on my front door. I jumped up and ran down the stairs, snatching the door open to reveal the person I thought it would be.

"Avi?!" I whispered, not in the fear of waking Scott up, because I knew he was dead asleep, but mainly because I was tired.

He smiled sheepishly as I held the door open. He walked in before turning to close the door.

"Are you hurt, honey?" I asked softly.
"Talk to me."

"The fighting," he stated. "I don't like the fighting."

I nodded slightly, reaching into my drawer and grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt.

"Put these on and climb in my bed. I'm gonna at least inform Scott that you're here." I pecked his cheek and trudged down the hall into my Scott's room. I had to wake him, which was a struggle, and then I told him, even though I'm sure he wouldn't remember.

I knocked on my door softly.

"You know you can come in while I'm changing."

I opened the door, walking in and closing it behind me. Avi stood in only boxers, examining the plentiful amount of scars all over his body.

I walked over and stood behind him, wrapping my arms around him and resting my head on his back.

"So, so beautiful." I stated.

He sighed and turned to face me, but not before grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around himself.

"You're so shy, honey. You didn't have to let me in before you put your clothes on. You know that you are the most perfect person I've ever seen. I love everything about you. You know that, yeah?"

He stared down at the ground, and I could tell that he wasn't looking to respond to me.

I lifted his chin to look me in the eyes.
"Yeah?" I repeated, and he nodded slightly.

"Come on. Slip those on and climb into my bed, alright?"

He nodded again and quickly slipped into the clothes and sat on the bed.

I climbed up into the bed and open my arms.
"C'mon, honey. Climb up here." He did as he was told and lied his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around me. I ran my fingers through his hair, hoping to soothe him.

"Will you sing?" He asked in a small voice.

"I-I... I don't know how, really..." I tried to cover.

"I've heard you sing though." I stated, sitting up carefully.
"Will you sing for me?"

"Uh... Well, yeah... I-I wrote a song... F-for you, actually..."

I couldn't contain my huge smile.

"May I hear it?"

He nodded slightly as he started singing.

I
Counted the stars tonight
Oh how they shine so bright
I gather them all so we perfectly align
While we gaze from far away
And separately watch the days
Come rising across the horizon in our minds

But now I know
My heart is strong
Where you belong
Is by my side
So will you hold
Cause time is cold
And in your soul
I'm standing by

I was close to tears by the time he finished, and my huge smile only God wider.

"I-It's not finished, b-but..."

"Avi. I love it so much. It's so perfect. Thank you."

He smiled and nodded, lying his head back on my chest.

I proceeded to hum the tune of the beautiful masterpiece he had composed for me, in hopes to coax him to sleep, which finally worked.