12.

"What is it?! Do you not love me?! Am I not good enough to meet them?!" Mitch cried, stepping away from Avi.

He had always been anxious that a situation like this would happen.

Avi, knowing it wasn't that easy, shook his head.

"Mitchie, you know I love you. You know that. You are the most perfect person I've ever seen in my life."

"So why are you so embarrassed of me that I can't meet them? We've been together for three years! We go and see my parents all the time! They love you! So what is it? Are you afraid they won't like me? I can change! I want them to li-" Avi cut off his rambling with a gentle kiss on the lips, not wanting to blow an argument out of proportion.

"I'll take you to meet them someday, baby boy. I promise. I'm just... I'm not ready yet."

-----------

It was now a few days before Christmas, and Avi had been nagging Mitch about what he wanted to get for Christmas.

Mitch knew what he wanted, but he wanted in no way to upset Avi.

He had finally built up enough courage to tell him.

"I wanna meet your parents." He said, voice barely over a whisper.

Avi's eyes flashed with a bit of anger, but of course, Mitch could tell.

"W-We don't have to do that, babe... I-I really like that gold watch I showed y-"

"Go get in the car. We'll go meet my parents."

Mitch was ecstatic, running upstairs to put on a cute pair of clothes.

He then ran back down and out to the car, where Avi was waiting on him, but his heart broke when he saw him.

Tears filled his eyes and his face was red as he tried to keep the tears away.

"Baby... We don't have to do this."

"No! No... I want you to meet them..."

Mitch leaned over and kissed his cheek, then his temple, and then gently turned his face to kiss his lips.

Avi let a couple tears trickle down after that, knowing that Mitch wouldn't judge him.

He started to drive, the trip taking about half an hour.

They pulled up to a cemetery, and Mitch's heart broke.

This is the reason he hadn't brought him to meet his parents.

Avi walked over to where his parents grave's were, side by side.

"Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend, Mitch. Mitch, this is my mom and dad." He stated quickly before walking away into the thick fog that covered the area.

He'd come back to the car when he heard Mitch walk back, and of course, he didn't stray too far, being too overprotective over the small boy.

Mitch sat in the grass in between the two graves, smiling slightly.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Kaplan. I-I'm Mitch. I've been dating Avi for almost four years now. I love him a lot. You two raised an amazing man,"

Avi stopped, listening to the small boy talk.

"I'm really glad that I can have him... He keeps me safe. I really hope you like me, and I know you're always watching down on Avi and I. I know, judging by my size, you probably don't think I can keep him safe, but I swear, I will do everything I can to make sure that he never has to go through pain. I love him. I couldn't risk losing him. He's so, so, so amazing. I glad I even had the shot of calling him mine. Thank you. You've raised this boy to be the man that he is, so thank you for giving him to me in turn,"

Mitch smiled slightly and stood once again, placing a hand on both of their headstones.

"I love you two. I can't thank you enough."

Mitch stuck his hands in his coat pocket and turned around, starting to walk, but was engulfed in a hug from his boyfriend, who cried quietly into his shoulder.

"Thank you, Mitchie." He made himself choke out.

"Of course, baby. I love you so much. So, so much. Thank you for letting me talk to them."

They walked hand in hand back to the car, and drove home in a comfortable silence, both content with the out turn.