Chapter 6

Once you guys arrived at the cave it was getting darker by the second, so you told Midnight to light a fire. When you did you all settled around the fire.

"Thank you again for inviting us dear, you didnt have to."

"No,no its my treat and it's alright. Its nice having company around," you said smiling.

"So Hiccup how did you meet Toothless?"

  Hiccup than tells you his story about how he met Toothless, and how he defeated the red death. You admired how much Hiccup spoke with so much passion.

"Wow I can't believe it. So he cant fly on his own?" you asked looking at Toothless' fake tail.

"Yeah but dont worry Toothless just had to make it even so peg leg!"

You chuckled while he lifted his metal foot to show you.

"How did you meet Cloudjumper Valka?"

  Valka than explained that there was a dragon raid in Berk and she tried to get to Hiccup's saftey, but when she found him she saw Cloudjumper playing with Hiccup.

By the time that her husband Stoick came home he tried killing the dragon, but Cloudjumper took Valka away.

"After that I believed that my family was better off without me so I lived among dragons for twenty years, learning their ways and secrets. Than I met my son after all those years & I know I made a mistake for leaving my family but in the end Im happy seeing them. Its better late than never."

"Well, the important thing is that you got to reunite with your family that's all that matters," you said smiling.

"Yes you are right dear, well I think it's getting a little late so lets rest up. We'll go exploring tomorrow."

After bidding your good nights you all laid with your dragons falling into a deep sleep. You couldn't help but trust these two strangers. You didnt really trust people easily, but with them you did. You knew that they meant no harm. You stared at the crackling fire before closing your eyes & falling into a peaceful sleep.