Chapter 50

Warning: Violence

"Leave her alone Drago!"

You and Drago looked and saw Hiccup looking at Drago with a hard gaze, narrowing his eyes. You than saw Toothless run over to Midnight trying to free her from the nets.

"Why? Is this your girlfriend Hiccup? Aww young love, so sicken," Drago spat.

Drago than turned around facing Hicccup with his back turned towards you. Drago stared at Hiccup for a moment before running towards him, yelling out a battle cry.

You than jumped up as Hiccup and Drago fought. You than quickly ran towards Midnight, picking up your sword from the ground. When you got close you cut the net in one swift move, freeing her.

When you turned around you saw Hiccup getting closer and closer to the edge of the cliff, as he was fighting Drago. Your eyes darted to his feet as Hiccup made a few pebbles fall off the cliff. He was close, to close to the edge.

"Hiccup watch out!" you yelled.

Hiccup quickly looked at you, than behind him realizing he was about to fall. Wrong move. Drago saw the chance and pushed him back.

Everything seem to go in slow motion, Hiccups legs slipped off the cliff. He looked at you with terror in eyes before he fell. Your heart dropped at that moment, you froze as your eyes widen. It seemed like you froze for hours but in reality it was for a moment.

You than quickly snapped out of your daze and turned towards Drago.

"You bastered!"

You ran and towards Drago and sliced his arm. You felt as your body was on fire as you pushed Drago off the cliff. You would never kill a person because it wasn't who you were, but your anger took over you.

As you pushed him off, he took your arm bringing you down with him.

You both tumbled off the cliff, hitting everything on the way down. You had fallen off a thirty foot cliff. You than landed on your back, hard. The fall knocked the breath out of you making it hard to breath. It felt as if you were drowning in the depths of the ocean. You couldn't feel your body, it was like if you were paralyzed. You tried taking a breath but you couldn't get oxygen in your body.

Your vision was blurry, you couldn't see a thing in sight. Your head was ponding, like if someone hit you over and over again with a stone rock. You grew terrified. Was this the end? Were you going to just leave the world?

Your mind than was flooded with memories. From the night you met Midnight, to growing up and having adventures with her, visiting many villages, islands, and dragons. To the day you meet the Haddocks. How they invited you in with open arms.

You remembered meeting the gang, you remembered those special moments spending time with Hiccup. You wanted, wished that you could see your parents again, but not now. You weren't going to die like this, you weren't going to leave the world, you haven't even made your mark in the world yet.

With all your might, you opened your eyes and sat up, wheezing. You took deep breaths as you got up slowly and shakily. Your breathing was ragged, and you were shaking all over. You looked down and saw your sword. You bent down and picked it up, before looking around. You saw Drago there, laying on the ground breathing heavily.

You walked towards him but pain was shooting through your whole body. You bit your lip preventing youself from yelling out in pain. Each step you took, felt like fire was coursing through veins but you ignored it and continued.

You limped towards him dragging your foot in the process. Once you reached the man, you stood over his body glaring down at him. He opened his lidded eyes looking up at you.

For the first time you saw emotions swarming in his dark orbs. He was terrified, horrified, and he was afraid. Yes, for the first time he was afraid. As you lifted up your sword, you saw his eyes widen in fear.

Drago did have a weakness after all, he was afraid of dying. It was just too bad that his fear was becoming a reality.

You raised your sword above your head looking straight into his eyes, his soul, before plugging your sword down into his chest.

Everyone stopped and watched with wide eyes. You didn't even realize the battle had stopped once everyone saw Drago fall down the cliff. The other Vikings than left, running back into their ships, fearing that they would be next.

The villagers stood frozen watching you. The gang, Valka, and Gobber watched you with wide eyes. They have never thought in a million years that you would do that to another living being, but you had proven them wrong.

You than tossed your sword to the side, looking up at the sky breathing heavily. You than looked to the side, seeing Hiccup laying on the ground, with Toothless gently nudging his head.

You than tried running to them but you stumbled forward, luckily Midnight was there to catch you in time. You gave her a smile, even in the worst of times she was always there, by yourside. You were honestly greatful.

You than limped towards Hiccup with Midnight by yourside helping you stable your balance.

When you reached him you dropped to your knees, pain shooting through your legs but you didn't care, all that you were focused on was him.

"H-Hiccup wake up!"

He just laid there motion less.

"H-Hiccup you listen to me. Don't you dare leave me, or your family. You have so much to live for, don't let it end like this, you listen to me you idiot."

He still didn't move causing tears to prickle your eyes.

"I should have told you I loved you but I didn't. I lost everything and I can't lose you too. I need you."

You tried forcing the ball in your throat down, but you couldn't hold back the pain anymore. You had let the tears go.

You sat there crying, your whole body shaking. You couldn't take it any more, all the pain you had kept inside finally came out. All the pain from the years finally came out.

The whole village watched in sadness. The gang had silent tears, knowing that their leader, friend, and family, was gone.

Valka came and sat beside you rubbing your back, as she had silent tears run down her cheeks. She also had lost everything. Her husband was dead and now her son. It took twenty years for Valka to reunite with her family, the Haddocks only reunited for twenty minutes before Stoick died.

You and Valka had both lost everything for twenty years, it was no wonder why you both had connect on so many levels.

You laid there crying silently onto Hiccups chest, as Toothless and Midnight let out dragon cries. Toothless was in pain.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III
was dead.