Chapter 14

Once you and Valka served soup to the gang they absolutely love it. Fishlegs loved it the most, he had three bowls of it.

"Wow babe this is really good. You just keep amazing me," Snotlout said.

"I'm not your babe Snotlout and your not my type anyway."

"Snotlout leave her alone," Hiccup said.

"Oh, does Hiccup have a crush on [Name]?" Snotlout said in a baby voice while Astrid hit him upside the head.

"Oww, what was that for?"

"Just shut up snotbrain," Astrid said.

Everyone laughed while you went to get a bowl for Valka and yourself.

Valka thanked you while you sat next to Hiccup.

"How did you learn to make this? Its really good," Val said.

"My mom use to make it when I was little. I used to help her make it, she taught me how and I've just remembered it ever since."

Astrid watched and listened to you very carefully. She didn't trust you because last time they trusted a girl named Heather, she turned her back on them. Astrid didn't want to fall for that again.

"Where did you come from?" Astrid asked.

"I just travel, I never stay in one place to long."

"How's that?"

"I wanna travel the world, discover new things, new dragons."

"How long have you traveled?"

"Years, most of my life," you said eating.

"Do you expect me to believe that?" Astrid asked.

"Excuse me?"

"You can't just come in and welcome yourself into the group. You need to earn our trust. For all we know is that you could kill us! You think you can fool us by being sweet and nice, I don't think so. You may think we'll fall for it, but not me I know what people are capable of. You could be using us for all we know!"

"Astrid!" Hiccup yelled.

What she said made something snap from within you.

"It's fine Hiccup. All you know is my name not my story. Before you judge me remember this Astrid, you don't know me, you don't know what I've been through. Don't you dare judge me because as far as I know I haven't let you borrow my shoes to walk in. My parents died when I was just five years old. Five years Astrid! My village, my family were murdered. My parents sacrificed their lives for me, they were murdered and burned alive. My mother told me to run and never turn back. I've been alone for fifteenth years with no one by my side but Midnight. I still look for the people who killed my family. I had to fight to survive. I didn't have friends growing up, I didn't have people to take care of me when I was sick. I had to tough it out and keep fighting. You had everything and I didn't. You think you know me but you don't. Don't judge me Astrid, judge yourself first before you judge somebody else."

Venom was dripping from your voice as you spoke. Your eyes were filled with raging fire, boring right into Astrid's. You than walked out and whistled for Midnight.

Once she came, you hopped on her and took off into the starry night sky.