Chapter 45

Once you were done explaining the plan everyone agreed. You and the gang would be leaving at dawn to go and save Hiccup.

When you walked out of the academy with the gang following behind, you saw the villagers all crowded together yelling at you.

They were angry that you had chosen Midnight over their cheif and now they probably wanted you dead. Well isn't this lovely.

You than tried to speak up and calm down the villagers but had no success. Toothless noticed so he shot a plasma blast towards the villager's feet causing them to quickly shut up.

"Thank you Toothless," you smiled before facing the angry mob of people.

"Look I know you are all upset and angry at my decision earlier, but I had a reason. I had picked Midnight because with two Nightfuries we have a better advantage of bringing Hiccup back."

The crowd than started to speak, asking questions, swearing at you, and began talking over you. These people were getting out of control so you signalled Midnight and Toothless to shoot a plasma blast.

Both dragons shot causing a big hole into the ground making dirt fly everywhere. This for sure got their attention.

"Look guys I know you may be angry at me or want answers, but you need to listen. How would the Hiccup feel if he saw you all acting like this? He sure wouldn't like it thats for sure. I need you all to listen and calm down, you wouldn't want to upset the cheif would you?"

Eveyone was quiet bowing their heads in shame knowing that you were right.

As you continued speaking the gang noticed that you spoke with authority in your voice. Your voice was strong, loud, and clear.
It was like you were the cheif, but you didn't consider yourself that because that wasn't you.

If things needed to be done you would step up and take matters into your own hands. Valka noticed this, how you were so determined, and how great you carried the leadership role. It was no wonder why Hiccup was attracted to you. You both had similar personalities and you both were pretty much the exact same person.

Right now you were the one in charge.

"Do I make myself clear," you said toward the villagers.

They all nodded as you continued.

"Alright than, you all may go now."

They all nodded as they seperated to do their daily jobs.
You just took a deep breath and sighed rubbing your eyes before turning around facing the gang.

"I think there might be a new cheif in town," Eret said smirking.

"Ha, ha, no. They wouldn't listen so I had to take matters into my own hands," you replied.

You than looked up and saw that the sky was dark, barely any sunlight left in the horizon.

"Okay guys lets head to the Great Hall and eat," you said walking with the gang.

~~~~~

By the time you left the Great Hall it was already dark with the stars shining brightly in the darkness.

You were walking with Toothless and Midnight by yourside. Usually at this time you would be walking back with Hiccup, but he wasn't here. It felt a little odd walking back without him but you shrugged it off. You had done this a few times when Hiccup was busy attending his cheif duties.

Once you made it home you let yourself and the nightfuries in. Toothless quickly lit up the fire pit before setting himself down along with Midnight.

When you looked down at Toothless you quickly took noticed that he had a downcasted expression. You felt bad knowing that Hiccup wasn't here. You than knelt down infront of Toothless and gave him a small smile.

"Its okay Toothless we're going to get him back I promise." you spoke petting his head.

He purred at the contact as he layed down into your lap. You than looked up and saw Valka come and sit infront of you onto the couch.

"I'm sorry," you spoke.

"There's no reason to be sorry dear, you're doing the right thing."

"I know but Hiccup probably thinks I hate him," you bowed your head in shame.

"You love him don't you?"

"I do, I never expected to fall for him, but I did. I don't love him because he's the pride of Berk or the cheif. I love him for who he is."

As you spoke Valka noticed the sincerity in your voice, the passion in your voice. She knew that you actually loved him for who he was.

"I know you do dear, don't worry he'll understand why. Now you should get some rest, you have a very big day tomorrow goodnight dear."

"Night Val."

Once she made her way up into her room you got up and layed on the couch falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~~

You were sleeping until you felt someone gently shaking you. When you opened your eyes you saw Valka.

"It's dawn."

You gave a nod as you stood up and walked upstairs to get ready. Once you finished you quickly went down the stairs whistling softy for the two nightfuries.

When you walked out you saw the whole gang outside with their dragons. You greeted them with a nod as you all saddled up ready to take off.

Valka than came up to you as she spoke up.

"Bring him back home."

You saw the worry look in her eyes as you quickly replied.

"Don't worry I will," you gave a small smile.

You than hopped on Toothless with Midnight waiting beside you patiently. You than called out to the gang.

"Alright guys lets head out!"

You all than took off into the sky towards sea

~~~~~

"How long do we have to search for?" Tuffnut asked.

"We've been looking forever and my butt hurts," Snotlout whined rubbing is bum.

"We have been searching for two hours and we're almost there," you replied.

"How do you know where he's at?" Astrid asked.

"I've been to Scar's island a few times before I met you guys so I know where to go."

She gave a nod as you pointed to an island.

"We land here."

Once you all landed you went over the plan one more time.

"Are you sure about this [Name]?" Fishlegs asked.

"I'm positive now be careful if they see you they won't hesitate to attack. They also have dragons that spit out acid. If that gets on you, you'll die within minutes it's poisonous."

"That's it. Snotlout is Outlout," Snotlout said walking away, but you pulled him back by the collar.

"Just stick to the plan alright and we'll be fine. I know where Hiccup is so don't worry."

Once you all got close you looked back at the gang.

"Alright you know what to do."