Chapter 1- Catching up

Natasha's POV

Today I'm meeting up with Remi. Remi has been my best friend since kindergarten. We have been stuck to each other with glue ever since then till about the end of college that's when we separated and went off to uni. I stayed my home town for Uni  and she moved away and not very far though like an hour drive from here. We meet up every once in a while and catch up on life. Remi has finished her geography degree decided to move back our hometown to work here as a geography  teacher. She originally wanted to do medicine more than me actually but realised it was her parents that wanted her to do it and her true passion was geography.

We chose to meet up in our old chill out place at college.

"I've missed you" I said

"Missed you too I'm glad that now we can meet up more often " she excitedly said

"I know right it's been so long since I last saw you " I said.

"I'm so excited you're getting married soon my big fat baby is growing up" she says with aww.

"  yeah not so fat anymore ..I hope..so when do you plan on settling down I always thought you'd be the first one to get married judging by your record " I tease her.

"Now I had my moment in my teenage years with many different flavours now it's your time to shine"
She smirks indicating the different cultures boy she dated , Pakistani, Somalian, Bangladeshi, Italian, white, Arab.

"Serious do you should be starting a family now I am supposed to be the sadistic one" I say to her as I practically had no love life maybe just one.

"well you turned into a hopeless romantic too. Was it the train now that converted you or just starting college because as soon as high  school finished you took an interest in romance" she teased me. I told her the story about how I had my first kiss with a stranger that I met on a train and Remi being the cheesy girl that she is predicted that he was the potential love of my life maybe my soulmate at first I didn't believe it because I've never seen him again and I'm never going to see him again but it's a memorable event of my life.

I was a loser all my I was on attractive and extremely overweight all my life till the first half of college and then thanks to God I lost a lot of weight  by the time I started University. I guess I just started taking gym  seriously and that was mission successful. So the fact that the cute stranger actually kissed me is a sign that he was attracted to me it's a miracle but again my ex and my only boyfriend before Imran liking me back is also a miracle.

"Well i'm enjoying the single life because I can't seem to be finding the right person ...oh my god is that I think it is" Remi looks astonished I turn back to see what shock her only to realise that it's Haz. My ex.

Haz is the only Boyfriend I've has before Imran. I had a massive crush on him , maybe because we had a connection or maybe because I was needy because everyone else around me had a boyfriend/ girlfriends .  In the first year I was unnoticed by him as we had no classes together the  year after we were in the same chemistry class and he found out that I liked him because of Remi's big fat mouth. It's funny because I completely gave up on him since he got a girlfriend in the first year but then they broke up because being the slut she was she cheated on him.
One point I thought I was over him because he changed his whole look and dress sense for her. But they broke up after first month of A2 year because he couldn't be himself with her.

He then decided to give our relationship go it was unexpected because I liked him for so long And we were  a couple for a year but we broke up and we had to prioritise our studies over this relationship. Also he wasn't really ready to commit like think about marriage or so.  I can't tell whether it was real Love gorgeous temporary college love   Because our feelings weren't the same anymore after we finished college. In fact I couldn't figuire out if I really had a meaning on his life or was I just time pass because the day after our mutual break up I thought we would be able to stay friends but he was out with his ex.

I look back only to make eye contact with Haz. This happens all the time even if we are far away from each other when I stared at him he would've looked back even when he didn't know me. That was one of the signs that made me feel like we had  a connection. I realised its too late to turn back and act like I never saw him but he decides to come to our table and greets us.

"Hey. How Are you guys what's new ?" He takes a sit with us along with his friend. I try to act as normal as possible. The last time I saw him was 3 years ago when we broke up so this is kind of awkward like we were on boyfriend girlfriend terms then what term are we on now ? Strangers? Somebody that I used to know?

"Well I've moved back and starting my new teacher job , you? " Remi asks

"I'm still studying dentistry , will in the graduate soon and hopefully call myself a dentist that's with you and medicine right Natasha? "  he asks me obviously noticing how quiet I've been.

"yes.." I nervously shake my head

"Heard your getting married. Congrats. Sam told me." He says

"Yeah but the wedding is next year after I graduate and ..Sam how did he know? " I ask cluelessly how did Sam know about my life when I haven't been in contact with him ever since college which has been like nearly 4 years.

"Uh..I might have told him.." Remi nervously assures me

" you guys still in contact?" Haz asks

"Yeah we talk from time to time..anyway aren't you gonna invite Haz to your weeding? " she says and changes the topic making the situation more awkward than it is.

"True good question .. I mean I should be the one you should me marrying" he jokes.

" oh please Haz you never wanted to marry me.." I say in fury.

"Now that we all met again we should keep in contact. You still have your old number?" He Asks

"Yes..but I don't have your number..deleted it years ago. You see your kinda irrelevant to me now " I reply

"Banter" him and Remi laughs.

.....................................................................................

Credits to Bollywood for this story. Partially based on "mere brother ki dulhan" , "Kapoor & Sons" but not fully the same story. There are parts which are based on other Bollywood movies. I'll write below what film :)

A/n: you may not agree with my views in this story or general views in my culture but we all have different opinions so please don't hate

My fav Sid movie is "Ek villain" and maybe brothers because got to see him shirtless a lot and my fav IK movie is "I hate love story" because he looked the hottest in that and I really like his jodi with sonam.

Question of the day:

WHAT's YOUR FAVOURITE SIDHARTH MALHOTRA OR IMRAN KHAN MOVIE?