Chapter 11 - Unpredictable

Sid's POV

Feels great to be back motherland since last week. It hasn't been so exciting so far. Most of the time stayed home and watched movies mostly me battling with Selina and Natasha about wanting to watch Action/thriller while they want Rom-com but we compromised most of the time. We've kind of been getting along more than usual. I guess you could say that we are frenemys

"Sid you are in charge of of the cards making sure they're done and distributed by this week. I'll be out with your Aunty Jamila " mum tells me

"Don't worry mum it'll be done in no time" I assure
her.

"Imran's wife to be seems okay but she's modern too. Are you sure she'll be able to follow her wife duties properly such as making food for him and cleaning and everything. Is she right?" My aunt Jamila
, mums sister discusses with her. I can sense her tryna stir shit up.

"Yeah, it's not like I can test it out. She's here on holiday. They're not married yet it's rude " mum says

"You can ask her to prepare food so you can assess her house chores skill. Aunty J you aren't wrong" I suggest since I like reading  Nat and would love to see her suffer.

"Nah that's not nice we have servants to cook and clean" mum protests.

"Just tell her mum she can't say no. Do it tomorrow when aunt J's whole family is coming over you can use that as an excuse to make her cook. Don't want a lazy wife for your son do you " I stir the shit even more. Mum then goes of and tells Natasha who looks nervous indicating she has no clue about the task she has been assigned.

"Take Natasha with you she'll help you with the card design  and get the grocery shopping for her meal for us all. But whatever you guys do get back before 6 because we have a ladies spa session which I'm sure Natasha is looking forward to " mum says and we head out for the day.

"I'll get the Car" I say to Natasha  and go find the caretaker who tells us  Selina has already taken the car to visit her friend but we have a motorbike available. I break the news to Natasha who seems to be okay with the idea.

"Motorbike that's amazing! I've never been on one before" she says.

"Well we'll be carrying groceries. That's impossible on a motorbike" I try to persuade her to drop the idea since I'm not the best bike driver. I haven't actually drive one

"Why can you drive a motorcycle? Are you scared?" She teases and laughs. She's actually so cute when she's sassy and witty.

"Of course I can" I reply in rage.

"Don't be a coward then. Live a little. Your a chicken  " she repeats my words and clucks like a chicken this is  what I told her when she didn't wanna go near the "holy" tree.

"Fine. Get on and prepare for the ride of your life " I order her and sit on the bike. She sits behind holding onto my shoulder while I try driving as safely as possible.

We finally arrive at the card shop and a Punjabi man with a turban greets us.

"Hello Bhaia ji, (brother)  hello bhabi ji, (sister). How can I help you? " the guy is bare cheerful.

"Actually we are not married. It's for someone else " Nat clears the confusion.

"Don't worry you will be. Now please right your names on this paper" he says. And I hand him the design we've planned already for him to have a look and make the card.