Chapter 17- Morning After

Sid's POV

Bilberries and chanterelles adorn the forest floor, questing for sunlight. The perpetual skies of summer are buckled with clouds and they flare up in a luminous, neon-blue when the mood takes them. Summer is nature's treasure trove. The goulash of scents twirls above the satin soft petals and the pear sweet taste of the air is a blessed joy.

But summer brings with it a bitter twist. The nights are closing in on each other and the long days are faltering. Enjoy the beaches, the barbecues and the birds. In a few short months, all will be cold. In less 48 hours we'll be back in cold England.

I still cannot forget about what happened yesterday. Natasha and I kissed again and it felt like heaven. I don't know how it happened I mean I wanted to kiss her but i alone did not initiate we both did. Bu it can never happen again because that'll things really complicated for all of us. I fee horrible for doing this to my brother so I try to stay away from Natasha as much as possible.

today we did not say one word to each other. I kept out of her way and she kept out of mine. But fate just decides to bring us together. For the last activity , all the teams in the retreat was brought together. We played a silly game in this fake shit of a retreat where we had to write code names on a small heart shaped pillow and mix every one else's and dump it all in a skip and then choose a random one and open it up to see who's name we got they're our "soulmate". My code name was "007" And the one I picked up was name "Cinderella" and to make things worse and even more awkward she was none other than Natasha I mean I didn't deliberately pick her and the day it's so awkward for us this game makes everything else awkward. This is the second time in a game Natasha ended up as my soulmate. Kavya did once.

"This is bs I'm out" I get out and leave and Kavya follows me.

" I know right it's all a joke but at least we got to visit this beautiful place" she says and I agree. She's been trying to make a move on me for a while now and I've been responding by flirting back. But I do not feel the way about her like I feel about Natasha. I notice Natasha watching us from afar so put my arms around Kavya to make it clear that I have nothing towards her and the kiss means nothing. I have to keep my distance from he because I don't want to ruin my relationship with my brother over a girl who I'll probably get over soon.

"But we did make a good pair. I'd like us to be more than friends. Whatd ya think?" she asks

"I love the idea. But I've leaving so don't know how it'll work" I say to her.

"We'll find a way. I want to do bad things to you. We'll meet soon don't worry. I'll come extra early to England for IMran's wedding so it's only a few months you have to wait for me " she slaps my butt. But that hits me the facts that my brothers wedding is getting close. There's only 6 months left till they are married.

I spent most of the day with Kavya as a "couple" or friends with benefits as they say. Anything to save the awkwardness of yesterday with Natasha and then we all pack our bags and leave to the airport. Kavya takes a flight back to Delhi while we take a flight back to England.

I say my goodbye to Kavya and hug her she goes straight for my lips but I don't feel anything in the kiss. This is what a real meaningless kiss is. I feel nothing. It doesn't feel as special as the kiss with Natasha who watches on and I act all loved with with Kavya to make it clear to Natasha that I'm crazy about Kavya so things become normal with Natasha and I soon and she has me happy with Imran. I don't want her to get feelings for me.

"Ooh you are getting it on with Kavya. No
Shame there. Do you really like her? " Imran teases me.

"Yes bhai she's sexy the hottest girl in town" I proudly say and Natasha awkwardly listens to our conversations.

"Marriage on the cards soon" My brother asks.

"Too early for that but who needs marriage to be in
Love" I tell him and keep praising Kavya as if I have strong feelings for her when it reality I have nothing towards her.