Chapter 24- 10 years

A/N: this part of the story is written from the narrator's POV IN third person.

It was a busy evening for the Khan's. There were adults talking to other , children playing around and people taking selfies In a place what looks like a formal party as the male are dressed in suit and women in gowns.

"Congrats on the deal. Your book is truly amazing. I'm happy for you that it won best novel of the year award " a middle aged guy says while tapping on Sid who's smartly dressed.

"It really was the break out your career cannot wait for more of your novels. " his wife adds and Sid smiles at them.

"Omg it's Sid , writer of "Ishqwala Love" would you please sign this for me?" A teenage girl asks Sid to sign a copy of his novel that she owns. Guess this is a success party for Sid who's now a well known author and no more a struggling writer finding himself.

On a parallel storyline, Natasha is standing outside screaming at a caterer because they cooked lamb instead of beef.

"Mum..mummy" a little boy about 8 years of age tries to get her attention.

"Not now IJ I'm busy" she says to her son.

Hey girl" Remi her best friend says from Behind and they hug.

"How are you and hello Yani. Where's Sam?" She gets her and her little daughters aged 9/10 and asks about Remi's husband.

"Mum can I go play with Yani outside" IJ asks

"Okay but where your jacket. I don't want you catching cold. Your uncle is here today, don't you want to congratulate him? Don't be late. " she says to her son.

"Fine. I've already met him. He gave me and Zehran and flying car. I wanna show Yani it" he says and leaves.

"Well he's certainly spoiling you" Natasha jokingly says.

"SAMs there speaking to IK" Remi says and they walk over them. Remi greets IK and Natasha greets Sam.

"Calm down everything will be fine" IK reassurees Natasha and lightly squeezes her fingers who smiles in return.

"Well you know me. I'm in charge of organising this party everything has to be on point" she replies.

"Your perfectionist habit is still there" Sam adds and they laugh.

"I'm just stressed about Zehran and IJ. Those two cheeky devils are forever driving me mad. Even at work I'm thinking of what mischief they're causing at home" she tells him and he says how Yani is a handful too.

IK then leaves the conversation to meet his brother.

"Look it's the man that's talk of the town" IK hugs his younger brother.

"Sup bro haven't seen you in so long" Sid greets his brother.

"Last time I saw you , you were still a struggling writer and now you are one of the best seller successful author. I'm proud of you bro " IK says and taps his brother on the back.

"Thank guess I found myself and you helped me as well as others. Heard your going Cape Town next week?" Sid says.

"Dad IJ hit me" Zehran says and IK and Sid both attend them.