Chapter One*

The bullying had started when I was fourteen. I wasn't the skinniest, fastest, strongest or prettiest. The qualities that most teenagers believed the Alpha's daughter should have.

When the bullying had started, it was just simple name calling. Telling me that I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty enough, I was weak. I had sadly become accustomed to it and didn't hurt as much when they continued to call me names. After all, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Once they noticed that I didn't care what they think, it started to get more abusive and physical. Pushing me over in the hallway. They loved to play games, games the pack children would do for fun. Except, it wasn't fun for me at all. They would through my books, glasses, anything I owned, around to their friends as they made oinking noises at me.

It was a perfect display of piggy in the middle.

What made it even worse was that my sister was in on it. I would never know why, what or who convinced her to partake in the bullying, but I knew that I could never forgive her for not standing up for me.

We were always close. Sharing our favourites toys when we were younger, sharing clothes as we got older. Picking on our older brother, Trent, which then progressed to pranking him weekly. We were best friends and like most stories, we had a falling out. It was her sixteenth birthday, and she fought with me. Calling me names, telling me I would never be good enough. That I didn't deserve to have a mate, a family.

The bullies words could never hurt, but Anna's sure could. She was my sister, and I was taught that sister's never lie.

~*~

I walked through the hallways of school, keeping my head bent and books held tightly to my chest. I could hear the constant snickers as I walked past, the names that were being called out to me. The main topic of their discussion; I hadn't found my mate.

My sixteenth birthday was last month, and I still hadn't found him.

Each day my pack mates reminded me that I hadn't found him because I didn't deserve a mate. I was a poor excuse of an Alpha's daughter. Of course I didn't believe them, but when Anna started to say those things too, I came to the realisation they were right.

But that didn't stop me from dreaming; every night before I went to sleep, I prayed to the Moon Goddess to help me find my mate so he could make everything better. Make the bullying go away, help me sister come to her senses. Give me the courage to stand up for myself.

My Father, Mother and Trent had kept me strong throughout all of this too. Although they didn't know about the bullying, they knew I was becoming distressed about not finding my mate. My Mom and Tent were currently in Boston, visiting my Grandparent's pack. They've only been gone a few days, but it's been the longest few days.

My thoughts were adruptdly cut off as I was pushed against a locker, my head painfully hitting the metal.

"Watch where you're going, fat bitch." Snarled one of the senior girls. I bowed my head and went to pick up my books, but someone stood on my hand, I yelped in pain.

My wolf was growling with anger, wanting to shift and show the other she wolf her place, but I was too scared. I'd get knocked down, again and again.

"Fucking say sorry." The she wolf growled. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as she put more pressure on my hand.

"I-I'm sorry." I whimpered as the tears spilled down my cheeks. I looked up and saw her let out a sadistic grin, laughing along with her friends.

"Pathetic, just go and kill yourself already."