Chapter Nineteen*

Althea Williams POV

I woke up with a smile on my face as I remembered the night before. Everything was falling into place, my happiness, my life.

I looked to my right where Dante was laying, a similar smile on his face. I snuggled into him more, bringing my hands to his bare chest. I felt him grab a lock of my blonde hair, twirling it around his finger as his other hand travelled up and down my clothed back.

"You're so perfect, Thea." Dante whispered, pressing a feather weight kiss to the crown of my head.

"I have flaws too, Dante." I replied modestly, before pressing a kiss to the base of his throat.

"Barely." I untangled my body from his, growing a little frustrated with my mate.

"I have scars, not external but internal. Just because I looked composed on the outside, doesn't mean I'm always okay inside." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. Dante raised his eyebrows in confusion. "I suffered anxiety and stress a lot a year ago. And when Jake was taken, I was developing depression. Not to mention, I have bad anger issues and I lose control easy,"

"I'm not perfect, Dante. And I'll never be in the form of perfection."

"You really have a way with words, don't you?" Dante replied, a smile on his face. "You're already acting like a Luna."

"It's in my bloodline." I said with a small shrug.

~*~

We stayed at the cottage for a few more hours, basking in each other and our emotions. We talked lightly about our pack situations, before deciding it would be best to talk to the leaders in both packs.

We left around noon, and was back at the pack by one o'clock. And when we got back, it was mayhem. There were pack warriors running around everywhere, only stopping to glance in our direction with prideful, but also frantic expressions, before bowing to us and scurrying off.

Dante and I sent a look to each other before we marched towards the pack house, knowing my parents would be located somewhere in that mansion. There had to be something going on for everybody to be hustling around so vigorously.

"What do you think is going on?" Dante asked me with raised eyebrows. I simple shrugged my shoulders and continued on to the front door. I opened the door slowly, staring inside at the chaos. People were yelling everywhere, shouts were coming from different directions of the mansion.

Dante and I cautiously walked in together, both wearing expressions of shock - wide eyes and mouths agape. If we thought outside was bad, we were sadly mistaken.

Dante and I made our way through the mass of bodies, holding hands as we did so. Once we made it into the kitchen, we watched in both amusement and horror as mom and dad yelled commands at every staff member in the pack house. Her similar blue eyes were frantic, her hair a disarray and her clothes slightly rumpled. Immediately, I assumed the worst.

"Mom? What's happening?" I yelled over the noise, gaining her attention. She whipped around and faced me, eyes wide with fear.

"There was a breach on the south-east side of the territory. The rogues were able to kidnap three children, we only found out ten minutes ago. I'm so sorry Thea, I should've been watching them properly." Mom replied frantically, running her slim fingers threw her hair in frustration.

My eyes were wide with worry. "Mom who were they? Who were the children?" I asked. She simply looked at me in sadness. "Ciana and two young boys. Their scent just suddenly disappeared."

I was gone in a flash.

Anna Williams POV

Sitting down on my bedroom floor, my knees curled up towards my chest as I hugged them. I was sitting in such a vulnerable position - a feeling I've known ever since I had met my mate.