Chapter Twenty*

Trent Williams POV

When Thea left the kitchen, I just knew that things were going to end badly. She was only just learning to control her emotions and creatures, and now with the stress of three young wolves kidnapping - she was going to lose control.

And when she came back into the kitchen, eyes blazing with an unknown fury - mixed with red, gold, blue and purple - holding three tiny bodies, I knew she had gone too deep.

She placed the three tiny bodies on the ground, but Ciana held onto my sister powerfully. She was so frightened that she wouldn't even go to mom.

"Fucking Anna was out in the woods. I caught a whiff of her scent miles away from where I found the girls, she's so fucking stupid," Thea yelled out, growls coming from deep within her chest as her top lip curled up. "Someone go get that stupid, naive girl from the woods. She's so stupid to be going out there."

"Thea, your sister can look after herself." Dad argued, eyes slightly narrowing at the disrespectful jab to his pup.

"Dad, please. That girl is fucking useful against those rogues. Jake couldn't even hold his own against them." Thea growled back. Her eyes blazed brighter with a deeper fury, so close to shifting into her enraged wolf. Immediately, my eyes drew to the small child in her arms that started to squirm from the uncomfortableness of Thea's hold.

"Thea, please loosen your hold on Ciana. She's getting scared." I commanded softly, cautious to not enrage her more. Unfortunately, talking to her right now was like talking to a brick wall, absolutely useless.

"I would never hurt her, brother." Thea snarled, eyes narrowing. Ciana started to sob in her arms, wincing as Althea's claws started to dig into her.

"Althea, you need to let go of Ciana. Now." Mum commanded, slightly using her Luna command. But, instead it didn't have any effect on her. Only she narrowed her eyes, challenging mom.

Mom, who was almost as stubborn as her daughter, growled in warning and narrowing her own blue eyes. "Stand down, Thea. I am the superior here, I am your Luna."

Thea growled again, her top lip curling up as she did so. But the Luna command did it's job as Thea's eyes slowly returned to their normal colour. It took her a few minutes to register what was happening, and when she did she hugged Ciana to her chest like her life depended on it.

"God, I am so happy you're okay Ciana. Please baby, stop crying." Thea whispered into Ciana's ear. But Ciana continued to sob.

"Sweetheart, please give Ciana to me. She's scared." Mom said, the similar softness of her tone resurfacing. Thea mutely nodded and handed Ciana over, who seemed a little to eager to leave her arms.

Dante rushed towards Thea and held her close, pressing a soft and tender kiss to the crown of her head.

Everybody and everything was calm for a few minutes. The only sound was Dante whispering sweet nothings into his mates ear.

But once we heard the dark, angering pound of paws meeting the ground, we were once again, on alert. A few moments later, and dad's third in command also head guard, Kane, rushed through into the kitchen. His face was contorted into fear, worry and anger.

"Anna's been kidnapped." He stated without a beat. We all stared at him in shock, slowly digesting the news. Mom let out a growl, her motherly protective instincts showing.

"Are you sure she's gone?" Jake asked worriedly, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes, we're positive. We smelt her blood a few miles from where you found the young wolves. There was also a note stuck to the tree." Kane spoke, before holding out the note and waiting for somebody to take it.