Chapter Sixteen*

Althea Williams POV

One of the best things about waking up was that Dante was lying right next to me. He had his arm wrapped around my waist and his leg thrown over mine, it was a cute and intimate position.

The night before, I was so overcome with anger and sadness that I completely broke down in front of Dante. I confessed how angry I was at myself, at Jakob, at the rogues and at Anna. We had talked for hours, the conversation ranging from meaningless words to important ones.

And waking up the next morning, I came to the realisation that I wasn't who I was a month ago. For the four months that Jake was gone, I slowly started to lose myself. I was drowning in the despair and anguish I felt for losing my two best friends.

And now I've found myself again. I was happy to have a mate who made me feel loved, happy and constantly surprised and excited. He was everything I had ever wanted, and I was happy for myself that I finally found somebody who I could love again.

There was an art to losing yourself, and there was an art to finding yourself again. Picking up the fragmented pieces and having Dante beside me, to guide me through it all, I was beyond happy.

Dante was a piece of art - so beautifully sculptured and aligned. And he was my piece of art.

~*~

Dante and I had spent the majority of the morning in bed. And when it reached around eleven o'clock, we decided we'd had enough of sitting around. With a small smile on our faces, we parted ways with a promise we'd see each other in an hour. Dante said he had something special planned, something he wanted to show me.

With haste, I jumped into the steaming shower and washed myself clean. I only had under an hour left, and I knew I'd spend most of those minutes procrastinating about what I would wear.

So within a few minutes, I was clean and smelled fresh from my body wash. Hopping out of the shower, I wrapped the closest towel around my body and used another one to quickly dry my face. I turned my head and looked at myself in the mirror, assessing every flaw or perfection on my body. There were a few questions running a muck in my head, but I pushed them aside for now. A few moments later, I thoroughly dried myself and put on my underwear.

I left the wet towel on the ground, grimacing as I looked at the pile of dirty towels and clothes in my laundry damper. I really wasn't the most clean person, or motivated.

Walking through my bedroom half naked, I was thankful that the curtains were slightly shut, only letting a sliver of sun through.

Arriving at my closet, I shifted through my various clothing. The sun was out today, but who knew what the temperature would be. I didn't want to wear black jeans, because then I'd get too hot. But I didn't want to wear something that I would be cold in.

Groaning out loud, I mind linked mom who would know exactly what to wear.

'Mom, what's the weather like today? I'm going out with Dante, and I don't know what to wear.' I said to her, a frown gracing my lips as I stared at my clothes.

'It's warm out but a little cloudy - wear jean shorts and a long sleeve white knit. Oh, and wear those cute white Doc Marten's I got you.' Came her reply, her tone happy and slightly high pitched.

'Okay cool, thanks mom. Love you.' I mind linked back to her, my frown disappearing within seconds. My mom should've been a fashion designer - not a principle. Or a 'stay at home mom/Luna'.

Finding the articles of clothing I placed the neatly on my bed before walking back into my bathroom. I decided to go for a more natural look - minimal to no makeup and slightly wavy hair.