Chapter Thirteen*

Dante Reed POV

I walked out of Thea's room with a squirming Ciana in my arms. She was whining to be put down, but I was too absorbed in my thoughts to actually do the motion of putting her on the ground.

Thea wanted to talk to Jake. Alone.

My wolf, Gabriel, was going crazy with my decision to leave our mate alone with another man. Gabriel was extremely possessive over our mate, the need to make sure she was happy and safe was a strong urge of his, and it was now mine too.

'You have to trust Thea, Gabriel. Let her make her own decisions.' I scolded to him. He let out a low inhuman growl.

'I trust mate, it's males that I don't trust.'

'Why the plural?' I asked him.

'Because they always stare at our mate.'

What he said was true. I was always catching the men in her and my pack staring at my mate, and I made sure to give them a glare to warn them off. Thea, who was mostly oblivious to the looks she received, didn't know the threat they poised to our mating.

And Gabriel and I saw Jake as a threat.

He was the guy she previously loved. He gave her everything we should've given her. And maybe she'll realise that we're not good enough for her, that he gave her what she needed.

I had many insecurities regarding to our relationship. Obviously. And Thea will figure that out one day when I do something stupid like barging into that room and demanding for her to stay away from him and every other male. And she'd probably leave me for it.

But I would do anything to have her in my life as my mate, even if that means battling these insecurities to be better for her.

I sound like such a girl, but it's what I'd do for the woman that I'm in love with.

~*~

When Jake came storming into the lounge room, his eyes igniting with anger and staring me down, I immediately knew that something had happened.

"Ciana, why don't you go find Thea?" I asked the blonde haired girl sweetly, who nodded her head furiously and ran off to find my mate. I nodded my head towards the back door and we both made our way outside, our posture stiff and straight with the tension growing. Once we were outside, I turned around and faced Jake.

"You're one lucky wolf." Jake growled out. I raised my eyebrows at him, challenging him.

"Why's that?" I asked with a small smirk.

"Because you've got Thea wrapped around your fucking finger." Something had definitely happened.

"Actually, I think she's got me wrapped around her finger." I counter butted with a smirk.

"You're lucky that you mean something to her, otherwise you'd be lying on the ground unconscious by  now."

"I'd like to see you try." I challenged him.

"I wouldn't do that to Thea, she'd have my head for hurting you," He paused, narrowing his eyes at me in warning. "But if you fucking break her heart again, I'll kill you. And then I'll be there for her and I'll love her and protect her properly,"

"I'll be the one she comes running to, because no matter how hard the both of you deny it, I'd love her and accept her better then you ever could. And one day she'll realise that, and she'll come back to me."

"I'd watch yourself pup, you're getting into something you won't survive." I growled at him, my form shaking slightly from how angry Gabriel was becoming.

"Look I honestly didn't come here to fight, but to warn you. You better do right by her, Dante. She's gone through too much to ever have to pick herself up again, she's lost too much. All I'm asking is that you protect her with your life, you show her everyday how special and important she is."

"I wouldn't dream of having her hurt ever again, Jake. I love her as much as you do."

"You're right, I do love her. So if anything happens to her, I'll have your head for it."

"You have my word that she'll be safe."

A;N/

Twitter: erato_

Snapchat: erato1389

Instagram: erato1389