Chapter Twelve*

Althea Williams POV

I fluttered my eyes opened as I felt a heavy weight on my chest. I snapped my eyes open and stared around the room, looking for any possible danger. But the only danger was me and my thirst for blood. I widened my eyes as I felt that my throat was dry, another clear indication.

Getting out of bed, I stepped far away from the two sleeping bodies. Dante and Ciana. I kept my distance as the found of their hearts pumping filled my ears, making me screw my eyes together tightly. Deciding that I needed to feed extremely soon, I grabbed a pair of denim skinny jeans, a black top, black leather jacket and black converses.

Once I was dressed appropriately, I went to leave the room. As I turned to look at Dante and Ciana, I saw they were both awake and staring at me. Ciana was staring at me with an excited grin while Dante looked at me with a frown.

"Good morning." I mumbled, feeling my incisors press against my lip. I hissed.

"Thea whats wrong?" Dante asked as he stood up. He started to walk over to me but I paced back a few steps.

"I'm thirsty." I mumbled. Dante raised his eyebrow.

"Well lets get you a drink."

"For blood, Dante. I need blood." I snapped at him, narrowing my eyes. Whenever I was extremely thirsty, my bitchy side usually shined like a diamond. It was partially because of Natam.

"Oh." Dante said awkwardly. I nodded my head

"I'll be back," I replied to him. Then, I turned to Ciana who looked a little lost. "Sweetheart, I'm going to go out for ten or fifteen minutes. After I get back, we can go shopping." I promised her.

"Yes please Thea." Ciana replied with a happy smile.

~*~

I climbed up a tree, looking below me for any sort of living animals. I heard a twig snap, then a crunch of leaves. The sound of a heartbeat filled my ears, I turned around, making no noise as I did so. In front of me was a medium sized deer, ears perked listening to the birds chirp and the faint sound of water running.

I graciously jumped from the tree, ready to kill the animal. I felt my vampire come forth and my fangs elongating. I crouched down on the ground in a pouncing stance, my hand formed a fist before settling it on the ground.

I bared my fangs to the deer in front of me, feeling satisfied when he turned around and tried to run away. I ran at a lightening speed and was soon at a tree waiting to ambush the deer. Soon enough, the deer was running towards my trap, his heart was beating frantically in fear, and as soon as the deer was directly in front of me, I jumped.

I landed on the now struggling deer, which was kicking and struggling to get out of my strong grip. I sinked my fangs into his neck, moaning in satisfaction as the blood slid down my throat like velvet.

The deer was soon laying limp in my arms - drained of blood - and my hunger was tamed. I turned around, and walked back to the pack house, cleaning my mouth as I did so.

Walking out of the forest, I was now in the clearing and the pack house was in sight. But I stopped when I saw Dante talking to a familiar brunette.

Isabel stood closely to Dante, talking to him with a flirty smile and eyes fluttering. I wasn't going to intervene until I watched as Isabel placed her hand on the back of Dante's neck. He looked extremely confused and uncomfortable.

I could feel my creatures growling at the disrespect she was showing us and our mate. Isabel and Dante's eyes snapped over to mine and immediately, Dante moved away. Isabel smirked in my direction and sent me a mocking wave.